CairnTalk

Emmy & Agility

Marty & Sherry

Emmy had her first Agility class last night & it went very well. We are working with Joan Meyer (Triune Agility) who is one of the top trainers in the country. She runs a very tight fast paced class. We did tunnel several times from it's shortest to longest extension, chute & weave. Emmy is very good at the tunnel & chute probably because of her Earthdog experience. She will already do the chute fully collapsed. With Joan's method Emmy went through the weave poles pretty much by herself on her third run through. I was impressed at the progress Emmy showed last night as well as most all of the other dogs there.It was a lot of fun & I am anxious for next Monday evening.

I asked Joan for her opinion of Emmy after the classa & she said Emmy is very smart, learms fast & seems to want to learn & perform for me. She said Emmy likes me which can be a problem for many terrier owners. Sherry thinks Emmy was the best one there but that may be a tad biased opinion. :lol:

I think I am a glutton for punishment. We now have Obie starting his confirmation career, Mac moving up to Rally Advanced and now Emmy who will will still put in Conformation occasionally, going to be entered in her fisrt Rally Novice in 4 weeks & now starting Agility. We also go to another Earthdog trial in November that we will probably enter all three into. We need more weekends (& money)!

Yep, you are adicted. I had alot of trouble a couple of years ago explaining that I only work to go play with my dogs.

Linda
MACH3 Red Lion Springin Miss Macho CDX RAE OF ME
Marquee Cairnoch Glintofmacho CD RE MX MXJ OF ME

Glenmore Hjour Summer Sun

Go Cairn, Go!

Greg and Val Perry

Home of Kula RN CGC, Am. Can. Int'l. CH Cairngorm Coffee Tea or Me RA ME EE2/Can. SE NAJ NAS CGC (Kona), CH Clanmarr's Steele Princess (Hattie) and CH Scotchbroom Thistle The Patriot SE (Sully) Visit: CroftersDream.com

• 1 month later...

Emmy has graduated from the beginners class & starts intermediate next Monday. At the end of this one we were already stringing 3-5 obstacles together off leash! She loves the high stuff. The walk is her favorite thing. She is really getting the idea. After her turn at an exercise she would, on her own, do whatever obstacle we came to while walking back around to the end of the line. It is a lot of fun!

Archived