CairnTalk

HOUSEBREAKING BREAKTHROUGH

Kit'sOwner

FINALLY! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It really, truly, really is as though a light bulb has gone off over Kit's head. One day, about a week and a half ago, she started going to the back door more and going in the house less. As soon as we let her out, she goes straight to her area of preference and does her business for which I treat and praise immediately. There are little to no accidents now and she is not going in her crate either. I am no longer limiting her water. I do have baby gates up as I am going to grant her access to the house in bits and pieces, as she and her bladder mature...but I have to say A BIG THANK YOU to everyone for assuring me that one day she'll get it...because SHE HAS! Champagne is chillin' in the fridge!

Now, I know we're going to have accidents, and that's okay...now that I know she has shown some acknowledgement that toilet is supposed to be outside.

TOTALLY LOVE IT!

ps: Really, really wonder if it's true what they say about neuter/spay helping the process because this started RIGHT AFTER she was spayed 12 days ago. Coincidence???

"Did you ever walk into a room and forget why you walked in? I think that is how dogs spend their lives." - Sue Murphy

Congratulations! And well worth the popping of the cork isnt it?? :)

*clink* Heres to Kit!!

I LOVE MY CAIRNS PUDDLES AND IRIS!

Will someone PLEASE tell me when to expect the light bulb to turn on? Of all the dogs I've had over the years, none of them have taken THIS LONG to get it. I'm FRUSTRATED and UPSET.

Congratulations! What a relief for you. I'm sure all the good advice and support on this site helped to get you and Kit through this.

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Congratulations!! I remember very well the feeling of complete elation when Tanner started ringing his bell to go potty! It feels like (and is) such an accomplishment! :thumbsup:

Becky & Tanner

A toast to Kit for me as well!! Cairns are very smart dogs, but, its when they want to finally say, I think its time for me to potty outside not inside. :devil: They sure do have a mind of there own. I do think the spay has helped. Who knows, just as long as she finally GOT IT!

Rhonda,Kramer & Angel Missy "Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog". "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are" Missy Rainbow Bridge Memorial
/>http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/memorium/missy2.htm

LOL! ....aaaaaaand then she peed in the house this morning BUT it was UPSTAIRS which is a relatively NEW AREA for her so I didn't take it personally.....still doing great with it though! So happy!

"Did you ever walk into a room and forget why you walked in? I think that is how dogs spend their lives." - Sue Murphy

LOL congratulations!!!

Napoleon peed inside until he was around 1, but he always went on the area rug in the bathroom so I didn't mind, now he can hold it for a long time at least 8 hrs, he will be 4 in November.

ps: Really, really wonder if it's true what they say about neuter/spay helping the process because this started RIGHT AFTER she was spayed 12 days ago. Coincidence???

Firstly congrats on your breakthrough...i'll have a glass of that champers with you :party::beer:

Personally i don't believe the neutering thing is true re: housebreaking to be honest. Flynn is housebroken 100% (hooray!) and has yet to be neutered. It's down to your hard work and dedication that Kit is housetrained, well done you!

Archived