CairnTalk

Any cairns going to Canby?

dianer

We are going to drive North to visit my parents and I checked to see if any doggy events were going on. It says the Clackamas Kennel Club is having a show at the fairgrounds in Canby. Will there be any cairns there? I'd love to take my mom for an outing that she would enjoy and they don't live far from there. Any other events of the cairn persuasion going on 6/15- 6/21?

Dang -- you're hitting something of a Cairn drought. We'll have just finished putting on a CGC at the AKC Canine Experience in Hillsboro on the 13th.

I think I heard at the last club meeting that the entry at Canby would be very small. Saturday the entry is 8 (4-3-1-0) and Sunday it's 9 (5-3-1-0). Canby is usually a small show for terriers because of the conflict with Great Western. A fair number of local folks will be down south for the Roving and the CTCSC specialty that weekend. I don't have anyone entered in Canby but will be in town and might nip out just to watch.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Thanks for the reply. Wish I could time things better. I am bringing the dogs, if anything to cheer my mom up. We will have a great time and if we can't find something we'll just romp on the beach.

• 3 weeks later...

We went to the show Saturday, then headed to the beach on Sunday. We saw Cairngorms Still a Good Idea take best of opposite sex and Goosedown Lyle You Love It take best of winners. The weather was pleasant for us, as we always are trying to get cool and out of the sun. Now we are back in Redding where it is HOT. I snapped a few photos but alas have no where to post them. If anyone wants one just send me your email address and I'll send it to you.

I saw that show listed and wondered about it. Glad to hear it's nice, maybe we'll check it out another time. Was it very hot? You guys probably like to get out of the rain but we try to escape the hot dry. We need to go to obedience too, I think Leo is ready, but that is another catagory of post.

It reached probably 80. It was exquisite in the morning and evening. As a lazy guy, the show's western theme means I don't feel guilty showing in a pair of jeans and a bolo instead of a darned sport coat and necktie. :P

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Archived