CairnTalk

CDX

PeppersMom

After 2 years of trying, Pepper earned his CDX today at the Su Mac Cairn terrier specialty in the Twin Cities, MN. He scored a 188 and gave me a scare when he went out on the retrieve on the flat and stared down a conformation Cairn ringside and then decided it was time to pick up the dumbbell. Anyway after a few tears he got a well deserved piece of barbeque beef!

Wow, a CDX is hard ...even with a dog that will listen to you! Let alone one of our independent Cairns! Congrats!

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

Nice work! :thumbsup: I love hearing cairn CDX stories!

Greg and Val Perry

Home of Kula RN CGC, Am. Can. Int'l. CH Cairngorm Coffee Tea or Me RA ME EE2/Can. SE NAJ NAS CGC (Kona), CH Clanmarr's Steele Princess (Hattie) and CH Scotchbroom Thistle The Patriot SE (Sully) Visit: CroftersDream.com

:party::qualify: Yeah for Pepper!!! Congratulations!
Raise your expectations for what your Cairn can do....and try very hard to meet your Cairn's expectations of you.

Congratuations!! Spring has a CDX, but I am still trying to convince Shiner that the dumbbell is a really cool thing

Linda
MACH3 Red Lion Springin Miss Macho CDX RAE OF ME
Marquee Cairnoch Glintofmacho CD RE MX MXJ OF ME

Glenmore Hjour Summer Sun

Linda your Spring was one of the first Cairns I noticed with an advanced title and that spurred me on to continue in this sport. Just knowing it was possible was very motivating for me. Pepp is partially trained in utility and my instructor feels he is capable of earning one.

I used food heavily at first after he would take the dumbbell in his mouth. Finally though about 6 months ago I did start using an ear pinch when he did not do the retrieve. He was doing it about 75 percent of the time..retrieving that is..I needed 100 percent. Bear in mind an ear pinch is to be used only on a dog that knows what his job is and chooses to blow off the command...I know Hunt test people who are TEACHING the retrieve using the ear pinch..not good...I would put Pepper up against those labs and other hunting dogs in a "retrieve off' any day. He is that good at it...

Archived