CairnTalk

The Excitement is Rising

Vivian

Hello to all!

I've been wandering around this forum for the past few weeks and recently decided to join as next week (Friday) my Cairn baby (shown in my avatar) will be coming home with me from his breeder. :party:

I've had mutts my whole life and it's been a few years since I've had a dog. After about a year of researching breeds I've chosen the Cairn.

I must say this forum has made me really anxious for my baby to arrive.

Reading your stories has given me much joy, I can't wait to share my own!

Kisses to all and your Cairns!

<3Oscar

You just wait until you take that little baby home. You will be so happy you chose a Cairn. I was nervous at first because I have always had larger dogs and I wanted a dog that could keep up with me, now I am struggling to keep up with them. :confused:

Always keep an eye on this forum, it will help you in so many ways, even when you think you know a lot already you will learn more.

Good luck and please keep us posted...with pictures...

Jess, Scooter, Sadie and Dozer

DSCN2419-1.jpg

It's a boy! And his name is Oscar.

I'll for sure be posting pictures... quite frequently... :whistle: Oscar's going to think that the camera is part of my hand!

The breeder sent me new pictures today and his ears have already stood up! He's getting so handsome. Hahaha I'm just a proud momma Cairn!

Cairn20Male201.jpg

This forum has taught me so much already! I'm positive it will teach me much, much more too!

<3Oscar

Congrats on the new baby! What a cutie he is.... I am sure you will grow even more fond of this forum. It has helped me through many times and trials. Enjoy every minute - it goes by sooooo darn quick. Welcome, Linda

Thank you!

It makes me a bit sad at how time is going to fly by.

But I'm really hoping this coming week goes by in the blink of an eye! I can't wait till this Friday for my little Oscar! :lol:

Oh, and HAPPY EASTER to all!

<3Oscar

Oscar is absolutely adorable!!! You are going to have such a tough time controlling yourself from hugging and kissing him...LOL!

Best of luck to you and I know Oscar's going to fill your home with so much love.

He is adorable...I can't believe how nice his ears are already! How old is he?

Congratulations...I can honestly say my life has improved tons since bringing my Cairns into my home. They are just wonderful creatures!

Congrats! I understand first hand the excitement of anxiously awaiting your puppy's homecoming! We've only had Angus for 6 weeks and I already cannot imagine life without him!

Please post plenty of pictures!!

Shelley, Angus and Mickey in Seattle

Scully's Mom: Thanks! He's definitely going to be smothered in kisses and hugs :innocent:

Oscar's Mom: Well you chose a great name for your Cairn! ;)

Nikkikaem: he's a little over 7 weeks in the picture, but when he comes home with me on Friday he'll be exactly 8 weeks. I was looking forward to perhaps witnessing him going through the awkward ears stage but he just popped those up! haha

Shellj: Promise there will be a surplus of pictures! There's no way I'm going to refrain from capturing every moment with Oscar. Now I'm going to look around the forum to see if I can find pictures of your Angus. B) I'm sure he's a beautiful Cairn boy!

<3Oscar

Vivian welcome to the family. I know Oscar is going to be so loved by you and all of us. My suggestion, take a picture of him every single day for the first year, in the exact same spot. When you flip through thrm next March 28th you are not going to believe how fast he changed. This way you can re-live every second of it.

That is such a cute pic - he is straight up adorable. Oh I could just eat him up.... he looks exactly like our little one did at that age - and guess what we have an Oscar too :thumbsup:

I am very jealous of you right now. I want a new puppy whenever I see a picture! They are a LOT of work, like way more than any other kind of dog I know - but worth every minute. I never laughed so much in my entire life as those early puppy days.... tho we still crack up hourly at Oscar now (he's one year old). Often, we wonder what did we used to look at before we got him? They are such entertaining, character-FULL little babies.

Enjoy!!!!

logansmom: What a great idea! I'm for sure going to give that a go.

Emma: Another Oscar? We should start an Oscar Cairn Club! :lol:

He comes home tomorrow! I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight :D I'm too excited!

<3Oscar

I'm with Shellj on this one!! We both understand the waiting...it seems to last forever!! We've had Toby for only 6 weeks as well, and it does really seem like we've had him forever! And let me just brag a little bit and say he is already 100% housebroken and not even 4 months old yet!! They are such smart dogs, you will really enjoy having one! Can't wait for the pics!!

Gongrats! and welcome...

how exciting!! mine was a surprise from my son, needless to say I am forever thankfull

And let me just brag a little bit and say he is already 100% housebroken and not even 4 months old yet!! They are such smart dogs, you will really enjoy having one! Can't wait for the pics!!

what the...? how did you DO that?

it took us about a year to fully trust Oscar....he'd go for months being perfect then suddenly up and pee on the carpet. Infact, I still don't 100% trust him! AND we baby-gate the house as if he wanders into an unused room like our store room, he's likely to mark something in there....

please share your secret! we did everything - to the books!

He's home! (And just now sleeping, so I'm finally able to get on the computer! haha I definitely have my hands full!)

I'll upload pictures tomorrow, probably whenever he naps. ;)

<3Oscar

Here's my baby Oscar! :wub:

carcar002.jpg

oscar058.jpg

oscar054.jpg

Last night it took a great deal of effort to make him accept the crate but today he goes in it at random (and also takes some toys in there).

Yeah, I'm in love! haha

<3Oscar

Great pictures of Oscar, he's a real cutie-pie!! You're going to love having him around (most of the time!). Feeding him in the crate will help him learn that it's a good place. And as you have learned, leaving the door open for him to go in and out at will is a good idea too. Congratulations and enjoy your new baby!

Jim, Connie, Bailey & Sophie

FLOWERCHILD-1-1.jpgBAILEYSOPHIE4-22-07002-1.jpg

of course, all cairn puppies are perfect. and they are all cute to the top of the sky... but that is an uncommonly good looking dog.

He is precious!! Enjoy your first few days together. He has a couple of the same toys as Angus! I wish we lived near some puppies close to Angus' age. He would just LOVE to play!

Shelley, Angus and Mickey in Seattle

Archived