Forgot your password?
Warning: Use only Ceylon cinnamon. Other varieties contain compounds that could potentially hurt your dog.
1. Wash your sweet potato and slice it. Simply lay the sweet potato on its side, start at one end, and cut it into ⅓ inch thick slices.
When you're finished slicing, you should have a mix of smaller and larger slices.
2. Add your sweet potato slices and 1 tbsp. of coconut oil to a bowl and toss gently.
When all the slices are coated in oil add ½ tsp of ginger and ½ tsp cinnamon. Toss the spiced potatoes gently.
3. Preheat your oven to 325°F, then cover your baking pan with one sheet of parchment paper. You need just enough parchment paper to cover the top of the pan.
Lay your oiled and spiced sweet potato slices on top of the paper, leaving a few centimeters between it each one (so they don't stick together.)
4. Once the oven is hot, bake your sweet potatoes at 325°F for 30 minutes. You'll know your sweet potatoes are done when you can easily push a fork into them.
5. Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and sprinkle the remaining ginger and Ceylon cinnamon on the hot slices.
Allow the spiced slices to cool until they are room temperature before serving to your furry pal.
Pie-spiced slices will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Notes, Options, Substitutions
Source Dr. Marty Becker newsletter
Edited November 27, 2019 by bradl
You can post now and register after. Your post will display after you confirm registration.
If you already have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Pasted as rich text. Paste as plain text instead
Only 75 emoji are allowed.
Your link has been automatically embedded. Display as a link instead
Your previous content has been restored. Clear editor
You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.
Show all categories
Site Guidelines | We put cookies on your device to help this website work better for you. You can adjust your cookie settings; otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.