CairnTalk

2009 Florida Classic Clusters

Holly_go_lighlty

I was skimming the local fish wrap Saturday morning and saw a dog show being held in the next town over. Skimming is the operative word, because my jaw literally dropped to my lap when we pulled up to the park. I honestly did not expect the largest AKC dog show in Florida.

What an amazing, educational, and fun experience!

We got lucky enough that we were able to watch 22 Cairns compete. Some were new and a few were seasoned pro's. We'll definitely watch the schedules and head back again!

http://www.floridaclassicpark.com/

And for those on the west coast, this coming weekend (Thurs. Jan 15 through Monday Jan 19) is the Portland Rose City Classic, one of the largest shows in the US. Sat. night BOS is always broadcast on TV. Over 35 cairns will be showing. It promises to be quite a show!

Greg and Val Perry

Home of Kula RN CGC, Am. Can. Int'l. CH Cairngorm Coffee Tea or Me RA ME EE2/Can. SE NAJ NAS CGC (Kona), CH Clanmarr's Steele Princess (Hattie) and CH Scotchbroom Thistle The Patriot SE (Sully) Visit: CroftersDream.com

It is loads of fun, I went a couple of years ago and loved it. This year my pups are not old enough and I had to work...... There will be a show in Ocala Fl and I am joining my friends taking out my babies. You know FL has a nice little Cairn Terrier Club, they had a meeting at the show on Sunday. They go to Highland games and have many fun get togethers if you want information let me know

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

Is the show in Ocala coming up soon? We're heading down there later this week for about a month and it might be fun to go to a show with lots of Cairns. The show we went to up here in Missouri at Purina Farms last September had about 8 Cairns.

Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

It is loads of fun, I went a couple of years ago and loved it. This year my pups are not old enough and I had to work...... There will be a show in Ocala Fl and I am joining my friends taking out my babies. You know FL has a nice little Cairn Terrier Club, they had a meeting at the show on Sunday. They go to Highland games and have many fun get togethers if you want information let me know

Any information you have would be greatly appreciated. We asked around at the even about local clubs, but no one seemed to know anything.

We were actually thinking of going to the Ocala Earthdog show in March.

Thank you!

post-291-1231976839_thumb.jpg

Greater Ocala Dog Club Show Grounds

10205 NW Gainesville Road

Eastside County Road 25A North

2.3 Miles North of State Road 326

Ocala, FL 34482-1447

Saturday & Sunday

January 24 & 25, 2009

The Cairns show at 9:15 on Saturday ring 7 there will be 11, 4 boys and 7 girls, on Sunday they show 12:45 2 boys and 9 girls

Hope you come, i will have Paint and Dunc entered in thebred by class

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

Thanks for the info on the show. We'll be in Deland and while it's not right next door, it's doable. If it looks like we'll get there, I'll post back here so we can look for you.

Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

• 2 weeks later...

fantastic entry :) Good luck all who are entered!

One of these days I will get over to watch some of these fantastic USA shows..sigh... :)

>http://www.freewebs.com/aimforcairns/

Archived