CairnTalk

New International Champion

Greg P

post-2067-1224470960_thumb.jpg (Click to enlarge photo)

Today, Kona earned the designation of INTERNATIONAL CHAMPION. International shows are different than AKC shows, judged in a European style. Each dog is judged in 12 areas with the judge submitting a written report. The judge then assigns the dog an overall grade. The best possible grade is "V 1" or "Very Excellent 1". To become an International Champion, the dog must receive a grade of "V1" from 3 different judges. Two of these judges must be from different countries (all of our show judges were current AKC and CKC judges). While we won't pursue Kona's "International" career, we enjoyed this show. It was the first opportunity to receive written evaluations from respected judges on what they saw as they judged Kona.

In addition to his "V 1" evaluations, Kona won "Best of Breed" and went on to win a Group 2 and two Group 3 placements in tough terrier competition. While the terrier count was lower than a typical AKC show, all the terriers that Kona defeated were "multi ch's" and past AKC group placers.

To see Kona's judging "report card" go to "Kona's Page" on our website.

AM. INT. CH. Cairngorm Coffee Tea or Me RA Am/ME Can/SE CGC

Greg and Val Perry

Home of Kula RN CGC, Am. Can. Int'l. CH Cairngorm Coffee Tea or Me RA ME EE2/Can. SE NAJ NAS CGC (Kona), CH Clanmarr's Steele Princess (Hattie) and CH Scotchbroom Thistle The Patriot SE (Sully) Visit: CroftersDream.com

CAIRNGRATULATIONS, KONA!!! And of course, congratulations to you too, Greg & Val. What a wonderful representative of our favorite breed Kona is. He is a role model for all of our fur-buddies, and you must be very proud. It is so exciting for those of us who don't show our dogs to see the success you & Kona have. Keep up the good work!!

Jim, Connie, Bailey & Sophie

FLOWERCHILD-1-1.jpgBAILEYSOPHIE4-22-07002-1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That's great. I do love the evaluations they give you on your dogs. They are in Conyers Georgia and thought about taking one of my puppies. I took Harry to one show last year not knowing anything about it and I like how it is run.

Way to go KONA!

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

Archived