CairnTalk

What is a PAX?

PeppersMom

I just got the CTCA newsletter and there is an congrats pic and description of The first PAX cairn...Piper's Bonnie Rascal earned that among many others titles. I have never heard of a PAX title...does anyone know what that is? Is it an AKC title? Agility?

It's an Agility title from the Preferred Excellent classes.

14. What dogs are eligible to receive a PAX title?

All dogs competing in the Preferred Excellent B classes will earn the PAX title when they have earned 20 double qualifying (2Q) scores from the Preferred Excellent B classes. A "2Q" is earned when a dog qualifies in both the Excellent B Preferred Standard and Excellent B Preferred Jumpers With Weaves class on the same date at the same trial.

-- http://www.akc.org/events/agility/faqs.cfm

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

• 2 weeks later...

I am happy to say there are now 2 cairns with the PAX title. Mac finished his this past weekend with DQ #20. It took him only 23 attempts to earn the 20 DQs. No more Std or JWW runs for him! Just on with FAST!

Our other big brag for the weekend was that out of the 17 dogs entered in Exc A/B/P FAST, all heights, Mac was the ONLY one who Q'd on both days!!! About half the dogs Q'd on Sat and only 2 Q'd on Sun since the Send was tougher. I think I'm prouder of those Qs than his PAX title! He went first both days, and many people complimented him, saying that he set the bar very high and made it look easy when he did.

Karen

Karen Congrats! That is so cool! I don't fully understand all the agility titles, but great job! If I can't teach my Brodie to retrieve, agility will be next for him.

Congratulations, Karen and Mac, on your PAX!

Wish I had been there on Sunday to see it.

I can attest...that Mac's FAST run on Saturday was just awesome! Wow. I looked over from coursebuilding just as he was starting his send. Not a bit of hesitation...he knew exactly what to do. You sure set the bar high for all the dogs that day!

Joann & Izzy

• 1 month later...

Speaking of titles, who keeps the records as to the first Cairn to win such and such a title? Just the CTCA, or AKC, too?

Who were the first Cairns to get AKC Rally titles, does anyone know?

TIA!

Rallycairn

AKC would have the first cairn rally title in their database. I don't know if they'd look it up if you asked them. They offer a variety of reports on their website that you can purchase. They may have one that lists the first dogs to earn certain titles or all dogs in a particular breed to date.

Karen

Archived