CairnTalk

Obedience and Rally Brags

cairnsby3

We headed to an obedience trial last weekend to try and finish some titles. Shiner, who was just 2 in March got his second and third legs in Novice obedience, so now has his CD in 3 tries. Spring double qualified in Rally Excellent and Advanced both days finishing her RAE. They were good little cairns!

Linda
MACH3 Red Lion Springin Miss Macho CDX RAE OF ME
Marquee Cairnoch Glintofmacho CD RE MX MXJ OF ME

Glenmore Hjour Summer Sun

Well done! RAE is a BIG deal!

Greg and Val Perry

Home of Kula RN CGC, Am. Can. Int'l. CH Cairngorm Coffee Tea or Me RA ME EE2/Can. SE NAJ NAS CGC (Kona), CH Clanmarr's Steele Princess (Hattie) and CH Scotchbroom Thistle The Patriot SE (Sully) Visit: CroftersDream.com

Wow, you guys are great! Maybe you can teach Packy something if we run into you at Purina Farms sometime. He absolutely hates those tunnels...

Congrats!

Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

• 1 month later...

Pepper finally got his second CDX leg today and Brodie got his second Rally Advanced. We all NQ'd yesterday so this was a sweet day for us!

Yay for Pepper and Brodie!

Open is a long way off for us. So is Rally Advanced, to tell the truth.

Minor league brags for Stella and Echo: both completed their RN's at Redmond a couple weeks ago. We won't discuss Stella's performance in Novice B Obedience!

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Brodie got his 3rd leg and Rally Advanced title today! Pepper almost qualified and got his CDX... he did not do the drop on recall...don't know why!

CDX! Well done. Congrats on the RA legs as well.

Brad, new RN titles are not minor brags. Way to go to Echo and Stella (and you, too)!

Greg and Val Perry

Home of Kula RN CGC, Am. Can. Int'l. CH Cairngorm Coffee Tea or Me RA ME EE2/Can. SE NAJ NAS CGC (Kona), CH Clanmarr's Steele Princess (Hattie) and CH Scotchbroom Thistle The Patriot SE (Sully) Visit: CroftersDream.com

Wow Greg you sure do stay busy! Cograts you did good!

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

Hi Liz

Not this time....

Congrats go to Pepper, Stella and Echo. Very obedient cairns! :halo:

Greg and Val Perry

COngrats to Stella and Echo too...the judging for rally has gotten pickier...rally is not a walk in the park anymore! Also Pepp has one more leg to go for his CDX. Brodie needs 2 for his CD.

• 1 month later...
dk-green.gifToday Stella got her first Novice B obedience leg. Her 9th try :P She won a run-off with a Papillion for fourth place. She is always first place in the Cuteness placements, though. She's a crowd pleaser for sure.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support

Thanks George! Shame on me for not clarifying that Peggy has been handling Stella and deserves all credit for persistence and today's success. Surely I deserve some credit though for second guessing every performance and "helping" with my sage advice :P

• 1 month later...

Brodie got his second CD leg today! Pepp NQ'd again in open. He has been qualifying in the individual exercises and NQing on the stays. Now they both need just one more leg for titles. My husband thinks Brodie will get his CDX before Pepper! (Brodie doesn't even know how to retrieve yet!)

Congratulations on the leg! This really is a very big deal and dog and handler both deserve high praise and respect from their peers. In my humble opinion earning a leg with a Cairn is usually more difficult than earning the whole darn title with one of the more common Obedience breeds. I guess that's what makes 'em special.

George

Nice job! We're rooting for you guys!

Greg and Val Perry

Put a leash on him and lure him in with food while saying "Come"..keep doing that and he will catch on. Most Cairns are foodies.

Hey everyone!

We have entered many obedience trials since last spring and by and large judges LOVE to see non traditional obedience breeds like Cairns in the ring. I have had several comment to me that they don't see too many of them. So I would encourage more Cairn owners to train for competition obedience. No they don't do as well as the border collies and golden retrievers, but they sure can be entertaining! Plus when a Cairn is concentrating, they can be very competitive. When Pepp was going for his CD, we actually tied for first place and had to do a run off! The judge said that was a first for her..so stranger things can happen and they (the dogs) do enjoy the work!

Archived