CairnTalk

Exporting...

Aimfor

Ok I have a bit of a problem with Breeders sending second rate stuff o/s...

I have a friend in Singapore who I talk to via msn and she said she will no longer buy from Australia as they keep sending her crap (Sibes)

Do many people find this to be true when they have imported or have the majority of the time been happy with what they have.

.OT :offtopic: , is that all shows are coming to as well, all showey and no substance???

:confused:

I guess Im a little dissapointed is all.... <_<

>http://www.freewebs.com/aimforcairns/

I don't really know much about the correct bloodlines or where the good ones come from. I think my dogs father is a Swedish import. I have never been too concerned because in my eyes my babies are the best dogs I have ever seen or owned. They have the best attitudes, personalities, and are super cute; right from Sadie's crooked tooth and Scooter's crooked tail, I love every inch of them.

I am not too into showing but I know mine would never cut it in a show ring or even get near one but thats OK with me :wub:

Jess, Scooter, Sadie and Dozer

DSCN2419-1.jpg

As in finding good dogs locally IMO you have to start with a relationship - between people - and only then should you trust someone to send their best dogs.

At least between the UK and the US there are many long-standing friendships between breeders, so I don't think there is a problem in terms of importing/exporting. However - the same rules apply everywhere - if you decide on a young puppy you need to understand that what you are getting is a "show hopeful" - NOT a proven show dog. Most people do not want or cannot part with the money to acquire a proven show dog versus a show hopeful.

As in finding good dogs locally IMO you have to start with a relationship - between people - and only then should you trust someone to send their best dogs.

At least between the UK and the US there are many long-standing friendships between breeders, so I don't think there is a problem in terms of importing/exporting. However - the same rules apply everywhere - if you decide on a young puppy you need to understand that what you are getting is a "show hopeful" - NOT a proven show dog. Most people do not want or cannot part with the money to acquire a proven show dog versus a show hopeful.

Sorry, I am talking about breeders here in Australia sending their second rate OS, sorry for the confusion! Any import here has been pretty damn good!

I realise this about a puppy, thats why I would run on to approx 5/6 months to see how the pup was developing before sending and make sure it was show trained to my standards.

Local dogs for me are not a problem, I have a fantastic mentor (abit another state, but I certinaly did my homework when it came to dog/lines and of course knowledge) We play what I call 'swap dogs' lol (ie, mmm he/shes coming up nicely send him/her down for a bit, or just send me down him for a bit) She is more into the breeding side now, so I tend to handle and train for her. But even then we agree to disagree on some dogs...lol :whistle:

The Cairn world here can be a bit prickly, mainly due to one person unfortunatly. Im sorry but I wont play games and tend to walk off rather then get involved with crap, so thats why I just ADORE my mentor!

Again I am pretty friendly most Cairn showeys here in Australia, so lines are never a problem :)

Its just I cannot get my head around ANY breeder (dosnt matter the breed) sending stuff they couldnt title here, or became what we call a 'petrol champion' (not titled against other dogs, just drove for miles to get 6 points...) I guess Im really talking about mature dogs, not pups.

AND charging the absolute earth for it!! IMO breeders should be flattered others OS WANT their stuff and lower the cost of the actual dog so the other person can meet with the export cost, hey, but thats just me. Sure it cost money to title, feed, house etc the animal, but sorry I am an staunch advocate for the breed, not about ribbons or money, and if it will help someone else, sure why not? But I do understand why some dogs do cost alot, and I dont have a problem with it. :thumbsup:

After all isnt that what showing dogs is all about? Improving the breed...breeding the dog to do what it was bred for....helping out newbies/other breeders :thumbsup:

Phew..mouthful, I hope I have explained my post a little bit more? :confused:

>http://www.freewebs.com/aimforcairns/

Archived