CairnTalk

Is your Cairn a lap dog?

Scruffys Mom

Nigel's mood drives his desire to be a lap dog or not...unless Aislinn is on my lap. Then, of course, that's exactly the spot he was wanting.

"Lord help me be the person my cairn terriers believe I am."

Oscar is mostly a lap dog, but when he wants his space, he will move his little butt to the other side of the sofa.

I finally found this photo of Rocky the Foot Dog - hilarious! Time for my husband to get a new pair of socks...

post-3208-1209423807_thumb.jpg

Edited by nancy rink

If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito

Abbie is definately a lap dog. In the morning if we have been sitting over coffee and the paper too long, she will come up to us and cry. My husband will take the paper into the livingroom and get in the recliner, and before he has settled, she is in his lap.

Valie's a bit of both. Sometimes he just wants to lay in his bed (usually towards the end of the night) but sometimes he just stares at us and whines and jumps on the couch to sit on us. Either way, so long as he gets his belly rubbings he's a happy pooch.

Amy

• 4 weeks later...

Colby is a mama's boy...always on DW's lap or on her legs if she has them on the coffee table. He is also the one who follows her everywhere. Dad will surfice if mom isn't home. Dale is a daddy's girl....she especially loves laps if there is a blanket covering it. We call Bailey Switzerland...the neutral party. She's usually planted exactly in the middle of us...not touching but within eye-sight.

The boy has to do this EVERY NIGHT!! He thinks he has to be on your lap with or without the cover.

I tell the DH that he has raised a "marshmellow." He really is a tough cairn....just loves to be with you.

Angel defiantly is...scotty isn't hes too hyper to ever stop and relax

Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really." - Carlotta Monterey O'Neill

• 14 years later...

We heard cairns weren’t lapdogs & my son & I were instantly like “nope - we have laps.” We did “charm offensive” with treats for laptime at first. Now he likes it sometimes: when he’s sleepy or cold… Sometimes, if I’ve been gone awhile , he’ll actually initiate it❣️❤️❣️

Welcome. Depends on whose lap, apparently :( In the intervening years we've had a couple who mostly will sometimes drape across Peggy's lap while reading or watching TV. I think I've been blessed only a few times, for a few minutes. It's possible I'm too fidgety :P 

• Like 1

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Hello

My Angus just about to be 11 has never been an actual lap dog as in laying on one's lap, but since he was a youngster he's been a "crush up by my side dog". This whether on roomy sofa or smaller chair where can he barely squish in next to me. I'm kind of a skinny old lady so my lap may not be that comfy:lol:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Most of our Cairns have been lap dogs. Scout was a lap dog with my husband, but would only stay on my lap a few min.

Atticus loves to sit on both of our laps, but he mainly sits on mine.

• 3 weeks later...

Adorable Atticus ! Angus has done a similar thing for years but he squishes in the other way belly down back up in a space far too small for even a small cairn I have often thought. Nose faces out tail faces in. Sorry no pic.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Eliz222 said:

I switched from a PC to an Apple computer and it's a hard transition!

Worth it :) You should see me trying to figure out Peggy's earthdog secretary laptop which is Windows and MS Access  :w00t:

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/5/2022 at 7:31 PM, Eliz222 said:

...I switched from a PC to an Apple computer and it's a hard transition!

Then of course, there me...I tried switching from my Apple to a PC....and gave up!😕

Edited by sanford

FEAR THE CAIRN!

"Then of course, there me...I tried switching from my Apple to a PC....and gave up!😕"  that would be like trying to switch your shoes left and right. i gave up on that too. 

• Confused 1