CairnTalk

Inserting attachments

bradl

:!: Update: New software has made much of this topic obsolete. See Photos & Attachments for updated tips.

Note: attachment space per user is limited. The recommended method to insert photos into your posts is to link to them on either your own web site or a photo hosting site.

However you can also upload a limited number of attachments directly to Cairn Talk. Here's how:

Open the posting page by either replying to a message ("More Reply Options"), or choosing New Topic. Scroll down to locate the Attachments section of the posting page. Click the Browse button and locate the file on your computer.

attach.png

Click "Attach This File" to upload the file. Then click "Add to Post" - this will insert code similar to the following into the text area of your post

[attachment=2294:bis30.jpg]

Et voilà! The attached photo displays when you post.

card_david.jpg

Note that you have only a limited amount of space on our server. If you upload a few large images, or lots of little ones, you will eventually run out of space. You will then have to delete some attachments to make room for more. That will of course remove them from the original posts where you first uploaded them.

Edited by bradl
obsolete

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I think that is my problem.  I think I have run out of room.  So how do I delete old photos to make room for new ones?  Hmmm.

Went back to my old post to delete some old photos so I have more room. ? Is that what I am supposed to do?  I see no way to delete the old attachments. 

Edited by Dempsy's Mom

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

• bradl unpinned this topic