CairnTalk

Syntax error messages

kropos1

I keep getting syntax error messages, just started in the last few days. Says something about the show forum. Any deas how to stop this?? Thanks Kate

Well that sounds bad. I haven't experienced this at home or at work, using either Internet Explorer or Firefox browsers. What browser are you using? The next time it happens, could you copy the page address out of the address bar and paste it into a follow-up reply-- or email it to me? Ditto with the error message. I'll need more information to troubleshoot and the exact message and/or URL may be helpful.

In the meantime, a frequent problem-solver is to clear your browser cache. In Internet Explorer you'd go to Tools/Options/Temporary Internet Files and click the Delete Files button. This just deletes web files that are stored locally (which sometimes contain errors) and forces your browser to fetch proper files from the web server.

Another good thing to try is to clear your browser cookies. Clearing cookies will log you out; after clearing your cookies you will have to log back in. There is a a link to 'clear cookies set by this board' at the bottom of the main page, or the following link will do the same thing:

http://www.cairnterrier.org/forum/index.ph...t=Login&CODE=06

Keep me posted. We want you to be able to participate!

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Brad I did all that you said and no help. The url is whatever url I'm trying to open at the time so example: www.cairnterrier.org/forum/index/php

Syntax error

An error has occurred with the script on this page

Line 2

Char 1

Syntax error

Code 0

Any ideas? Kate

Archived