CairnTalk

Any Quilters with Cairns?

eastofeden

I recieved my early spring catalog from Hancock of Paducah yesterday and found this while glancing through it:

http://www.hancocks-paducah.com/Item--i-QT+20420+A

Apparently Quilters Treasuers has a a line of Wizard of Oz inspired fabrics. The link above take you to my favorite....but there are many other prints that also feature Toto along with various other charactors.

The fabrics are offered in Sepia and Oz/Over the Rainbow colorways ;)

Now how to figure out how to make something tasteful with some of this fabric...and I might just place an order.

Raise your expectations for what your Cairn can do....and try very hard to meet your Cairn's expectations of you.

Fantastic find ! I had looked for Cairn fabric, but for search terms I did use Cairn. I'll be placing a order for some fabric, thanks for sharing !

At the Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club fun day a few months ago everybody was encouraged to "create" a square to be incorporated into a quilt at some later date. Cloth squares and art supplies were provided. I think I recall hearing at the Christmas party that the quilters in the club were due to start putting the quilt together just about now.

When they saw the extent of my artistic talent---"Is that a Cairn? Maybe it's supposed to be a rat. A cloud with lightning bolts? He's sick!!!---they were relieved to know that I would not be one of the quilters.

I don't recall what the quilt will be used for when it is completed. Maybe BradL or tomq can fill in the details.

George

Thanks!

I hate cutsie stuff, and wasn't expecting to like Toto fabric, but the sepia one is GREAT! I ordered some, but it is on backorder at the moment. Bet they're wondering why it's selling so well...

~Liz

I got my Hancock's of Paducah catalog the other day, too, and was looking at that same fabric. I'm not sure yet if I want to get some -- I have to think about how to use it. The cool thing is that I'll be in Paducah in a few weeks and can pick up whatever I need then. I love that store! Anyway, I wasn't too excited about how they used it, but I'm sure we can think up something neat!

Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

Oh man, i knew i should have stopped at Hancocks on the way to Florida! Rats!!!! I'm a quilter. I guess i'll just have to order it, on the way home, hancocks is closed. poop! You could use that for a border, it would be cute. or you could do a lap quilt with that as a large center rectangle with a simple border on it. No need to do blocks all the time. I did a bunch of quilts for the Katrina babies, and just did a center rectangle with a border, they were darling. And with a quilt that gets a lot of wear, it works out nicely....less seams to pop etc. That toto looks like my dori...i must have it.

Terry, mom of Dori and Ellie Mae

th_IMG_0641-1.jpgth_prettypuppies.jpgth_IMG_0068.jpg

In response to George's question about the Columbia River quilt. It was raffled last weekend at the Rose City Cluster of shows. Val won it! It is now on it's way back to Marie to be finished and we can hardly wait to get it back. (By the way, I was wondering about the lightning bolt rat/cairn!) Just kidding. It is a fun project and a great way to raise some money!

Greg and Val Perry

Home of Kula RN CGC, Am. Can. Int'l. CH Cairngorm Coffee Tea or Me RA ME EE2/Can. SE NAJ NAS CGC (Kona), CH Clanmarr's Steele Princess (Hattie) and CH Scotchbroom Thistle The Patriot SE (Sully) Visit: CroftersDream.com

Archived