CairnTalk

Meet Atticus

patticus55

Hello,

My name is Patrick and I am a long time lurker. Many of these posts have helped a great deal with learning the Cairn and training techniques.

I own a mix, he is Cairn/Poodle, 5 months. I have read about how some of you feel about that, but wanted to introduce us anyhow and say hello.

From his attitude and disposition, he seems like a LOT more Cairn than anything else.

I'll be asking for some advice in the coming days about a couple of small training issues. Hopefully the good advice keeps flowing!

Thanks,

Patrick and Atticus

post-3205-1200602027_thumb.jpg

Atticus Being curious of the camera

post-3205-1200602482_thumb.jpg

Atticus giving a kiss to my Fiancee, Jessica

Welcome to the Forum, Patrick, Jessica, & Atticus. I think Atticus is a very cute little boy! His floppy ears are adorable, and it looks like he has a nice soft coat. It also looks like he likes giving kisses like most Cairns! What a dull world it would be if everyone (and every dog!) were the same. I'm sure you will find lots of help and fun here, please keep in touch and keep the pictures coming. :thumbsup:

Jim, Connie, Bailey & Sophie

FLOWERCHILD-1-1.jpgBAILEYSOPHIE4-22-07002-1.jpg

Atticus is a cutie pie. I love the kissy photo. My Kramer is a kissy boy too and I love it. The more kiss's the better. Enjoy him he is a sweetie.

He does have a beautiful shiny coat. Makes me want to cuddle him. Have fun with him and more pictures when you can.

Rhonda,Kramer & Angel Missy "Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog". "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are" Missy Rainbow Bridge Memorial
/>http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/memorium/missy2.htm

Love the name Atticus! To Kill A Mockingbird is one of my favorite books. I lost my poodle of 14 years recently - she was a wonderful dog. We are in the process of adopting a high energy black lab from an animal shelter. I love all dogs!

As all the others have said, Welcome. This forum, as you may already know, is an essential part of our lives. It has, does, and will help us all through the good and the bad.

Keep those questions, comments, stories, and all the pictures coming.

Thanks for all of the kind words, and welcomes.

Like I said before, after reading the forum every day, he seems more Cairn than anything else.

He is curious of EVERYTHING. The moment I am no longer giving him attention, he runs out of the room and grabs a sock or a mitten, or even an entire winter jacket once. He has learned quickly that that behavior gets me to pay attention to him.

Here is one more picture. I think he just spotted one of his favorite toys, and is going after it :)

post-3205-1200668001_thumb.jpg

Yep he has the same snuggily wuggily Cairn face I wake up to every morning. And yes, I am biased but it is the cutest face on the planet :)

I LOVE MY CAIRNS PUDDLES AND IRIS!

post-1519-1200808327_thumb.jpg

This is my Cairnoodle. His name is Max and he's 2 1/2 years old. He is all Cairn in behavior and disposition, but from his looks you can see the poodle blend. Max is the sweetest dog and has been a real gem.

Archived