CairnTalk

Brag -- CCTC Versatility Award

Greg P

Kona, (Ch Cairngorm Coffee Tea or Me RN SE) was one of three winners for the Cascade Cairn Terrier Club's Versatility award.

Kona joins his sire, Stiller (Ch Kinloch's For What It's Worth) and his grandsire, Geordie (Ch Joywood's Geordie For Magadog) as past Versatility Award winners. Geordie's brother (Kona's grand uncle), Ch Thrill Of The Chase (Haggis) also won this award.

Joining Kona for 2007 was Oliver (AMCh Kinloch's Royal Troon RN ME), the #1 cairn in 2005 (Geordie's son and Kona's uncle.)

The third winner for 2007 was the first cairn that CCTC awarded a Senior Versatility Award to. AmCan Int CH Misty MDW FLD Marshl Montgomery CDX OA OAJ had his name engraged on the silver cup. He has a triple championship with 3 advanced titles and is owned and trained by Missy Hanson.

To win CCTC Versatility Award, the cairn must be a Champion with 2 performance titles.

On another note, Kona earned his first Rally Advance qualifying leg on Sunday, 2 days after his 3rd birthday.

post-2067-1200375532_thumb.jpg

Pictured are Val Perry (Kona) and Vickie Havlik (Oliver) accepting the traveling club trophy.

Greg and Val Perry

Home of Kula RN CGC, Am. Can. Int'l. CH Cairngorm Coffee Tea or Me RA ME EE2/Can. SE NAJ NAS CGC (Kona), CH Clanmarr's Steele Princess (Hattie) and CH Scotchbroom Thistle The Patriot SE (Sully) Visit: CroftersDream.com

Wow Greg I know you are proud that was alot of work! Way to go Kona :whistle: Hip Hip Hooray!

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

Congratulations Greg. Versatile dogs rock and that's a trophy worthy of the accomplishment.

As a footnote for Missi's Tucker - he earned his UD (Utility Dog) title in September. You just don't see a lot of UD Cairns. But you *will* see more, right? RIGHT?

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Thank you!

Each dog that earns the trophy is entitled to spend somewhat equal time with during the course of the year. It is a very nice trophy, by the way!

Kona was very serious in disposition as a puppy....not really what you would describe as playful....always watching and observing. If you could describe his behavior in human terms, he's just a "nice guy". He loves to greet people and never starts anything with another dog (but won't allow himself to be picked on). About 6 months ago, he has started to become a lot more palyfull and silly at times during the day.

He has two great qualities that help in his training. He's very "biddable" and as for earthdog he has that "gameness" that I believe cairns were origianlly bred for ("gameness" exhibits itself strongly within his family tree).

Kona is one leg away from master earthdog. Val is currently working him in Rally Advanced. She is going to start him down the agility path this year.

We also have goal of finishing a championship in Canada and possibly an International Championship.

Greg and Val Perry

Home of Kula RN CGC, Am. Can. Int'l. CH Cairngorm Coffee Tea or Me RA ME EE2/Can. SE NAJ NAS CGC (Kona), CH Clanmarr's Steele Princess (Hattie) and CH Scotchbroom Thistle The Patriot SE (Sully) Visit: CroftersDream.com

Brad,

Yes UD is a HUGE accomplishment for a cairn! Missy and Tucker are an awesome team. There are awesome trainers that are unlocking the secrets to the cairn mind. We're seeing more advanced, excellent, and agility MACH tiltes on cairns every year!

And, oh by the way.........CH Thrill of the Chase (see the Versitlity winners in the first post above) belongs to none other than our own Brad L! (Sorry Brad, I don't know all his current titles)

Greg and Val Perry

Hi Greg,

WOW, that's some kinda trophy!!!

I see a whole lotta familiar names in there, maybe Griffin will have to talk to cousin Kona about this rally stuff.

Will we see you in Portland this week? Which events?

George

You just don't see a lot of UD Cairns. But you *will* see more, right? RIGHT?

Who do you have in mind, Brad? Have you bought your scent articles yet? I have two sets of articles

and both are too large for Griffin so I guess it will have to be someone other than him. Too bad, he seems to be a real natural at this obedience stuff.:lol:

George

You just don't see a lot of UD Cairns. But you *will* see more, right? RIGHT?

Who do you have in mind, Brad? Have you bought your scent articles yet? I have two sets of articles

and both are too large for Griffin so I guess it will have to be someone other than him. Too bad, he seems to be a real natural at this obedience stuff.:lol:

George

:surrender: You know I simply don't know how you all do it, get a CDX title with a Cairn, Let alone a UD. When I say that I just *barely* finished a CD with my departed German Shepherd- I mean it! We tried Utility classes at the dog club while we were *trying* to complete his CDX(which never happened- sits/downs were always our downfall), but he lost interest. Speaking of which, how in the world do you keep a Cairn from chewing up the wooden dumbell?

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

George,

You'll see Val in Portland.

She entered Kona in the terrier conformation on Thursday.

She thought she had him entered in Rally and Conformation Fri/Sat/Sun......but the entries fell through the cracks. We were hoping to come out of the weekend with an RA title. She'll be there cheering and helping cairnites. I'll be home trying to support it all.

Greg

Greg and Val Perry

Archived