CairnTalk

Extra "cute" days?

Hagar

I think most of us would agree that Cairns rank pretty high on the "Cuteness Scale" among dog breeds. And they do it naturally without a lot of fussy combing, brushing and bows in their hair.

But, I've noticed that every once in a while, maybe once or twice a month, Renny has a day when he goes right off the Cute scale. I'm talking about just the way he looks, not some extra cute thing he's done.

I can't pin it down to any one thing. It might be a little extra twinkle in his eyes. Maybe his ears are a little "Perkier" than usual. Maybe it's just a hint of a smile ( Mona Lisa smile? It's there, but barely noticeable). Maybe just a little extra bounce in his step. It might be a combination of different things. I don't know just what it is, but it is definitely there.

Anyone else notice the same thing?

maybe he looks cuter on the days he hasn't destroyed the garden, flooded the house after turning the taps on, burnt down the house after chewing on electrical cords, bitten the cranky neighbor or summoned the police with incessant barking. my dog looks real cute on days like that.

Yep...Puddles is the cutest to me when she looks at me like my avatar...Nose tipped down..those human like eyes glancing up at me...that still strange pose..Only thing moving is her eyes..

Even though she really looks as if she thinks I am weird..or...ready to drag something out the doggie door and waiting for me to leave the room..I dunno...But I sure love that look.

I LOVE MY CAIRNS PUDDLES AND IRIS!

That is so funny that you brought this up. I was just saying to someone that mine are cuter somedays and I am not sure why. I think Scooter is the cutest when he is a mess, by mess I mean hair sticking up and all over the place.

I have a picture I posted of him, when he is wearing the new jacket I made him, something about the little short legs and scruffy hair makes me want to SQUEEZE him. :D Sadie just the other day was looking really cute too and I couldn't pin down what it was.

Some days they just look cuter than others and I can not figure it out what is different either. Scooter is at his ABSOLUTE CUTEST when he wakes up in the morning. Not sure what it is but he has this adorable face, ears not quite perky yet, stretching and yawning and all his mannerisms.

They are just cute, no explanation....

Jess, Scooter, Sadie and Dozer

DSCN2419-1.jpg

LOL

I agree. I think for us these are the days when they aren't focused on mischief, but rather just companionship.

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

When Skipper does the head cocked to one side thing like he perfectly understands or is trying to understand. Ive tried to capture that cuter then cute head cocked to one side on camera but no luck.

So there you have it, the head cocked to one side or the other is the cutest trait and you just gotta smile when they do that. But I think they know it works

Jessica H, you mentioned another thing that sort of fits.

I go out for breakfast usually three days a week. On those days, when I leave, Renny is still in bed. When I return about an hour later, he meets me in the kitchen. Most days, he has obviously just crawled out of bed and he is not quite "with it". His ears point in different directions, his eyes don't quite focus and he needs to shake himself out to straighten his coat.

By the time I change to my walking shoes and put the leash on him, he is alert and ready for his morning walk.

Ooohhh, I agreed with the "pup just waking up" cuteness! Sometimes in the morning Allie wakes up and her whiskers and muzzle hair are completely out of whack -- standing up in complete disarray -- and she looks like she has "bed hair." She always wants her pets when she wakes up (and she's not a "touchy" dog) and I find her particularly adorable at those times.

Oh yes...When its time to get up and go Puddles looks at me through her crate and stares at me as I get dressed, i usually open the door to her crate to let her come out..But, She doesnt. She waits till I am ready to go out the door for me to Pullllll her out so she can stretch her back legs then fall limp onto the floor or in my arms. I can go on and on about these Cairns i tell you.

I LOVE MY CAIRNS PUDDLES AND IRIS!

I too agree with the just getting up look..Tucker is a mess when he gets up - I sit on the steps and he crawls over to me like he just can't make it and flops down for his morning lovins...he is such a sweetie pie. My family and friends are so sick of me always saying "look at that little face how cute he is!" but it's true!

av-2164.jpg

I have to agree with what everyone is saying. Sometime Liddy is just unstoppably cute (I feel the SQUEEZE urge, too). I can't pin it to one thing, but I wonder if she has "moods" that make her cuter.

Also, on the bed head cuteness: Liddy definitely has this, too. When I'm home and she sleeps in my bed sometimes she will wake up -- hair disheveled, eyes unfocused -- and look at me like, "Who are you? What are you doing here?"

I hear you all on the "bed head" and getting up. As is ritual now....we have to do the itch down the side so that the legs stretch forward and back legs backward as far as they can go. Then the itch all over, yawn the cute "argh" (kinda high pitch), shake the hair in place, jump down from the bed and WE ARE READY TO GO! And they are ready, the play fighting and running around, til called to put the collar on, then business as usual outside. I just love those times.

Shergry, you just described Tucker to a T! Don't they look so cute when they stretch...and that high pitched thing.....exactly the same! Love these little critters!

av-2164.jpg

LOL!! love the term "Bed Hair" mine is the cutest when he wakes up, he sleeps with us under the covers so needless to say his hair is a mess when he wakes up and most mornings he just wait in bed until he feels like going out and sttarts with his grunting!! thats my cue!!

Archived