CairnTalk

Reading the Newspaper

wellygoggles

In the Christmas letter from our vet, she said that when walking our dogs and they stopped to sniff something, we had to remember this was their version of reading the daily newspaper! Consequently, our walks now seem to take us twice as long which doesn't bother me because I remember a poem from my schooldays:=

What is this life if, full of care,

We have no time to stand and stare?

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around

Indeed. Our Joey gets a real treat vacuuming the scents all about on our walks through the neighborhood. When he decideds he's gonna plant himself down in the grass in the field across the street- He looks so majestic as his eyes close and he sniffs the air. Now I know why he's so intelligent(?).

I enjoy my walk with Margie more when I let her sniff around. She so enjoys it and it gives me time to stop and smell the roses. Sometimes it's not the destination, it's the journey - right?

We always let Packy do some sniffing when we walk. We call it checking the p-mail here.

Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

Speaking of 'P-mail' - the other day my neighbor told me that he came out of his house one night to take the garbage out and found the next door neighbor peeing on his lawn. We talked about tacky neighbors and when I went inside I remembered how the day before Marge and found this spot in that neighbor's yard and had rolled and rolled and sniffed and rubbed her little head in it. YUCK!!!! Time for a long bath!

Aw, gee....We've been using the term p-mail for years, ever since we had our lab. I thought it was so original....I guess it wasn't!! :confused: Oh well!

Barney likes to check his p-mail, then immediately reply with a "stream" of his own! LOL! Wish my friends answered me that fast!!!

All creatures great and small, the Lord God, He made them all!

In the Christmas letter from our vet, she said that when walking our dogs and they stopped to sniff something, we had to remember this was their version of reading the daily newspaper!

I think that's a great analogy. My boy loves the newspaper - he writes a lot of "letters to the editor." :P

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Archived