CairnTalk

what do the paw symbols mean?

Robin

I notice that there are a few different "paw symbols" under members signature, such as Utility Poster, Cairn Talk Guide, Member.... what does this mean? Thanks

dsc01076uf3.jpg

The paw pips provide a general sense of how many times a person has posted. As post counts go up, the number of paws increases (up to five). There is an associated member title for each level of posting history. At the moment, the progression is as follows:

1-9 posts = no paws = Cairn Talk Puppy

10-49 posts = one paw = Cairn Talk Member

50-99 posts = two paws = Companion Poster (like the obedience title)

100-249 posts = three paws = Utility Poster (like the obedience title)

250+ posts = four paws = Cairn Talk Guide

The general theme of progression is that as a person posts more, they tend to become more familiar with the features of the board and norms of the community.

I set these ranks up very early in the board's history. If I were doing it today I'd set the posting breaks much higher. But I'm reluctant to change it now because folks hate to go 'backwards' so I'll likely leave it the way it is. It's just for fun anyway.

There are some other less obvious forum settings as well. Once a person has posted 365 times, their member group is promoted to "registered +" and they get a bit more space for attachments and can change their member title from Cairn Talk Guide to whatever they like. When you look at the who's online statistics on the front page, you'll see some names listed with a "+" by their name - these are members who've posted more than 365 times. You may also notice some names in red - those are CTCA members. Admins/moderators are listed in bold.

Hope this helps explain some board features.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

1-9 posts = one paw = Cairn Talk Puppy

10-49 posts = two paws = Cairn Talk Member

50-99 posts = three paws = Companion Poster (like the obedience title)

100-249 posts = four paws = Utility Poster (like the obedience title)

250+ posts = five paws = Cairn Talk Guide

Psssst.....,hey Brad, do you know where your Cairns are?

Maybe one of the little darlin's already snuck onto the 'puter and changed some brackets for you! :ninja:

One paw regards,

George

Archived