CairnTalk

why the rescue post was deleted

Becky2259

can someone tell me why the post I posted about the col potter rescue and the yahoo contest for donations was pulled? I didn't get an email or pm telling me why it was pulled. It did not think it would be spam to other cairn terrier lovers. I notice there is a contest about voting for a shelter that was not pulled so what is the difference? Just wanting an explanation

thankyou

Becky in OHIO

since I never saw the original post I was unaware that I was reposting something. I still do not see what the big deal is since it is for a good cause and is completely on topic. Seems a bit odd to remove something that benefits cairns on a cairn message board. Please explain the reasoning ? how does this harm your board? I mean how many cairn benefits can there possibly be? It's not like the board is going to end up littered with cairn related benefits. How come it is ok to ask people to vote for something but not be shown a link to a contest that helps cairns. This makes absolutely no sense to me.

Becky in OHIO

There are lots of topics that are for good causes, are on the subject of Cairns, or both, that may still be out of scope for Cairn Talk. I'll grant you that there are "edge cases" that require human interpretation. As an imperfect vessel, I do the best I can.

Cairn Talk cannot be all things to all people. That's why I celebrate the wealth and diversity of forums and email lists and so on that we are blessed to enjoy in this day and age.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Speaking of Col. Potter Rescue; I am the editor of the Col. Potter Volume II cookbook, and have been approved to send EVERY CTCA affiliate club a COOKBOOK for their specialty sales table. Please contact me with your specialty date and who is in charge of the sales table and we would be honored to donate. I will ship the cookbook directly to that individual. Thank you so much. calliope @ emcs. net (without spaces)

Amy Robinson

CTCA MEMBER

CPCRN Volunteer

Cairn mom to Ginger, Missy, Miri, Lucy, and Rocky

PLEASE READ OUR LINK AND SUPPORT THE ONLY ANIMAL ENTRY IN YAHOO CONTEST

http://mall.cairnrescue.com/Yahoo_Charity_Contest.htm

CPCRN VOLUME II COOK BOOK: http://mall.cairnrescue.com/inv_cookbookv2.htm

Couple of suggestions: your request would probably be more effectively directed to the corresponding secretaries of the affiliated clubs, as participation by CTCA members on Cairn Talk appears minimal. Alternatively, the corresponding secretary of the CTCA, Ann Brodie, could probably provide you with a list of corresponding secretaries, who can then pass along your request.

My other suggestion is that you use your forum profile signature to include signature-type information. The post referenced earlier in this topic ( here )explains this request. Folks who are regular users of the forum are usually happy to help out if a new user posts a forum how-to question here in Forum Support.

I no longer have the time or inclination to edit post content to 'save' otherwise valid content and these days just delete posts containing inappropriate content, such as fundraising advertising content. I tried to provide a reasonable and respectful workaround with the signature compromise. So with that I will close this topic. Future "end-runs around the guidelines" will be deleted without notice or explanation.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Archived