CairnTalk

Meet Iris

Puddlesmama

This is my new Girl Iris......She is so sweet and adorable..Puddles is happy to have a new little sister.

post-2845-1198644028_thumb.jpg

post-2845-1198644044_thumb.jpg

post-2845-1198644058_thumb.jpg

I LOVE MY CAIRNS PUDDLES AND IRIS!

OOOOOHHHHH how adorable. Makes me wants another one. Puddles looks like she is going to love her new little companion. Congrats, she is precious!

Jess, Scooter, Sadie and Dozer

DSCN2419-1.jpg

What wonderful pictures! Both of our dogs were older when we got them (8 mos. & 11 mos.). It was easier as far as training goes, but I kind of wish we would have had at least 1 tiny one. They look so sweet together. Lucky, you!!!!

Jim, Connie, Bailey & Sophie

FLOWERCHILD-1-1.jpgBAILEYSOPHIE4-22-07002-1.jpg

Thanks Everyone! She was a wonderful Christmas present from my mom. She is only 6 weeks old...I do wish she was a tad older because she seems so fragile..until that growl and bark comes out then she is the size of a mountain lion :) Puddles is being very sweet with her. When I firt introduced them to each other I thought the walls were gonna come falling down...But I got to see the amazing bond between baby and bigger baby in minutes. Puddles is turning out to be a wonderful, gentle big sister. Happy NEW YEAR!

Iris is only 6 wks. old? That's really young to have been taken from the litter. Most breeders won't let their puppies go until at least 12 wks. It's really good that you have Puddles to take the mothering role over, in fact she'll probably be more of a mom than a sister to Iris. And speaking of Moms, what a great one you have, you couldn't have asked for a better Christmas present! Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!

Jim, Connie, Bailey & Sophie

FLOWERCHILD-1-1.jpgBAILEYSOPHIE4-22-07002-1.jpg

Yes I know it is too young. Iris came from a litter of 7 and she was the runt. The breeder hand raised her until she got strong enough to fend for herself with her mother. everything went well for 2 weeks and then her mother got sick. The breeder was handraising them while the mother recouped. She is a great friend of my mothers and they decided/knew I would be ok with her. I have handraised numerous cats and pups with a local shelter over the years and have my vet on speedial.

I would never take a pup from its mother before at least 8 weeks old...12 weeks is best in my opinion because of everything they still need to learn such as bite inhibition and all that. I hope that Puddles will help me there :)

They are so cute together! Goodness, Iris is tiny. I'm sure Puddles will help out with all the stuff mom would have taught her. Hope mama Cairn is okay!