CairnTalk

The Loving Ways Of A Cairn

Scully'sMom

I wanted to share what has become MY special Christmas story with Scully.

Five weeks ago, thanks to new digital mammography equipment, they discovered a very small tumor. I had a biopsy which turned out to be malignant. I had surgery yesterday to remove it and thankfully no nodes were involved and they got it out.

Scully loves her daddy but mommy's the one she snuggles with and wants to climb into bed with. But this week it was starting to freak me out a bit because all she wanted was her dad. She actually slept on top of his head in bed one morning and she would leave me and go down to the family room and hang with dad. It was starting to make me feel a little sad but then it dawned on me. I think she knew her daddy needed the comfort.

Yesterday morning though, the day of the surgery, she reverted to her old routine and came upstairs and slept on top of ME and cuddled with me. I believe she knew yesterday was the day that I needed the comfort.

Today all is well and she's running around and being her old self. She's done her job well - she took care of her mommy and daddy.

These Cairns are so amazing and I am so blessed to have had two wonderful dogs.

Wow, that really is an amazing story. Shows even Cairns know men don't handles stress as well as women :thumbsup:

Good health to you in the New Year!

And you thought Scully stopped loving you....I don't think it would ever happen.

I'm so glad they found the tumor early and you are 100% fine!

Enjoy the holidays and give Scully a hug from me. It always amazes me how much love they are capable of giving and how dedicated they are to their family.

And you thought Scully stopped loving you

I know it sounds silly but I DID feel like maybe she was moving on without me or something. Then it just clicked what she was doing. It just brings tears to my eyes.

I do love how sensitive these fuzzy faces are to our emotions. It's moments like those that you feel even more of a connection to our dogs than we realize. I'm glad everything is OKAY with YOU and that Scully was there to comfort you both.

Kate, Darcy & Bailey's mom

I'm so glad everything is ok and you will be fine. Scully knows when comfort is needed. I do believe Scully knew your husband needed the comfort, but I too would of felt the same way you did because Kramer is a mama's boy.

They are so smart. Good health to you in the new year! Hugs to Scully

Rhonda,Kramer & Angel Missy "Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog". "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are" Missy Rainbow Bridge Memorial
/>http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/memorium/missy2.htm

Thank you all for the good wishes! I am incredibly blessed that this was found early and that I was able to get this surgery so quickly.

And thanks for not thinking my story was weird! :confused:

I am very glad you are okay and doing well. Scully has a special gift and you are very blessed in so many ways.

Liz

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

Archived