CairnTalk

Skipper lovin the snow

boats85

I thought at first, Skipper was going to be a fair weather dog. I was wrong on that call. He charged right through it, did his usual stuff and just seemed to have a great time. He came back in but very reluctantly.

post-2787-1197014645_thumb.jpg

post-2787-1197015345_thumb.jpg

If Skipper's anything like Scully, you'll have a heck of a time getting him back in. She's like a little kid once she knows there's snow out there - it's in/out, in/out all day long!

Thanks for the pics. You know, there's just nothing like the Cairn Terrier "Snow Face".

We get ours in triplicate. :)

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

I am jealous, it almost never snows in GA. I love the pictures.

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

I love the face full of snow look... just cracks me up! And then the "pom pom boots" (as I call them) on their legs also cracks me up!!!

Kate, Darcy & Bailey's mom

Cute photos. It is funny how most Cairns do love the snow, Kramer loves it, my Missy hated it didn't want to get her paws wet. Kramer just hates when his paws get all snow hunked up he stops in his tracks and starts licking it off.

THen goes crazy running again. I love snow.

Rhonda,Kramer & Angel Missy "Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog". "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are" Missy Rainbow Bridge Memorial
/>http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/memorium/missy2.htm

I absolutely love that 2nd photo. Out here in Arizona we have giant "jack rabbits", and they do that same move with their rear-ends. I guess there are jack rabbits everywhere, but that is a move I've seen a million times. Excuse the term, but people or animals, we call it "jack---a$$" he-he

TNA

Funny you should mention that, I titled that 2nd photo 'to catch a rabbit, you must run like one'. The first one is titled ' so, how about that snow kiss'. I use the more colorfull term myself

Great pics...

Both Maddy and Remy love the snow..it's Remy's first winter and he took to the white stuff like a magnet.

Unfortunately for us in CT, we get more ice than snow and Winnie had become afraid to venture down our deck stairs. That means clumsy, un-coordinated me must carry her down.

Pray for us.... :whistle:

Kayharley,

You said the ice word, salt is a great equalizer but im half afraid to use it on the ice. is there a safer alternative to use, it just cant be good for their system to lick at the salt, injest it, get it on their skin etc.

Didn't worry to much about it with my yorkie, as he just was out and in and I didnt need a lot of area. Skipper's a wild child in the snow, and covers a lot of ground in short space of time

We use a product called SAFE PAWS. The label says it is guaranteed safe for animals. I think we got it at Petsmart or Petco here in MI, so it should be available in the Buckeye state too. http://www.safepaw.com/

Jim, Connie, Bailey & Sophie

FLOWERCHILD-1-1.jpgBAILEYSOPHIE4-22-07002-1.jpg

I've tried the Safe Paws too but I found it only helps when the temps get above freezing or the sun hits the frozen area....Also need to put it on rather thick.

Archived