CairnTalk

Puddles

Puddlesmama

B) Can anyone give me any idea what color she is going to be. I know it is part of having a Cairn is to watch them turn colors. But, If anyone has any guesses it would be nice. Thanks Yall!

post-2845-1196223984_thumb.jpg

post-2845-1196224001_thumb.jpg

I LOVE MY CAIRNS PUDDLES AND IRIS!

It looks like the pictures you have and the pictures you use with your name are different colors. By guessing at the new ones you have posted I would say possibly a grey brindle? Not sure though because Scooter is a red wheaton and Sadie is a dark red brindle. The only thing that would make me a thing possibly a red brindle would be the redness in the smaller picture with your name. Scooter had a lot of black in his coat when he was a puppy and now he has no black. Sadie's color has never really changed from a puppy. Not sure if this helps at all.

puppy

Scooter028.jpg

3 1/2 years old

October003.jpg

Jess, Scooter, Sadie and Dozer

DSCN2419-1.jpg

Thanks! It is amazing how they change. Before I found Puddles I did research and was really exited to get and unknown color. Breeder told me of how it is the beautiy of having a Cairn is not knowing the true color for even years. As I watch her grow up and just when I think I know what color she may be...another color comes out at the root.her undercoat is very very grey right now, Thanks so much!

i agree! looks like she is on her way to being a genuine wheaton. how do you get her to make eyes at the camera like that?

I dont know! one thing about Puddles is she is much more expressive with her eyes than any dog I have ever had! attached is more pics to prove that point!!

post-2845-1196723649_thumb.jpg

post-2845-1196723675_thumb.jpg

post-2845-1196723698_thumb.jpg

yep, each picture worth a thousand words of dialogue --especially number 2. the pictures confirm me she that she is on her way to being a genuine wheaten, like scotty finlay.

Her sire was wheaton! So she may look like Daddy :)

Her dam was a brindle with black markings. BTW....I am getting a new addition before Christmas! Baby girl Cairn #2 will be here soon.. I am so excited!

well, whoever she looks like, she's real pretty. i bet when she is four or five people will think she is a westie --some wheatens are so fair they could pass for westies.

My Sandy was wheaten, but he changed colors all of the time. Somedays he looked white, other times he had red in his coat. Somedays his hair was so soft, other days very coarse. He never looked the same, but always adorable.

Archived