CairnTalk

Who takes their cairns to work?

Greg P

About half of the time, I have one or more of our cairns with me at work. I work in a "dog friendly" real estate office. Agents and staff love to see the dogs. Kona has become my "mascot" for my business.

When we were raising Kula as a pup, Val worked as a secretary and was able to keep Kula under her desk. All our cairns are well socialized and great citizens in the workplace.

Is there anyone else out there who takes their cairn to work?

Greg and Val Perry

Home of Kula RN CGC, Am. Can. Int'l. CH Cairngorm Coffee Tea or Me RA ME EE2/Can. SE NAJ NAS CGC (Kona), CH Clanmarr's Steele Princess (Hattie) and CH Scotchbroom Thistle The Patriot SE (Sully) Visit: CroftersDream.com

Mine comes to work. I work in a small town insurance office and the majority of our clients love to see Thistle. Although sometimes its hard to get THEM to focus on the business at hand with a wriggly Cairn wanting to play with them. lol. But its been great socialization for her and if its a non-dog loving client I simply stick her in her kennel under my desk.

I do..I own a heavy equipment operation. I do lots and lots of Demo work in hurricane Katrina damaged areas. I am in the process of teaching puddles how to scamp out wildlife or stray cats and dogs in a buildings marked for demo. I have ran into some sad instances and I want her to help me look around for any possible life in the abandoned structures. So far she scatted 3 cats and we found a litter of kittens under a pile of rubble. She is a very important asset to my company and my sanity.

I LOVE MY CAIRNS PUDDLES AND IRIS!

kayharley.....Great pic!

Thistle.......I know, our clients love the dogs.

Puddlesmama..... very cool!

Greg and Val Perry

Home of Kula RN CGC, Am. Can. Int'l. CH Cairngorm Coffee Tea or Me RA ME EE2/Can. SE NAJ NAS CGC (Kona), CH Clanmarr's Steele Princess (Hattie) and CH Scotchbroom Thistle The Patriot SE (Sully) Visit: CroftersDream.com

When I worked at Wachovia, my office used to beg me to bring them in and I did, but not the whole day. Now my job is a board member for a local pet rescue. If the dogs have all been vet checked and cleared, mine are there. They are always with me at adoptions, they are so cute, everyone wants to adopt mine....

I took Currey to work everyday for the first year and a half of his life. He was 8 weeks old and maybe 3 pounds the first time I had him in my office. I taught at a free-wheeling liberal college in Portland (you oregonians can surely guess which one!). Currey LOVED his life at the office. He broke free in the building far more often than he should, but always ran off to the same place - the office of a colleague with a dog in tow each day as well. At lunch there'd be 2 or 3 faculty and sometimes a few students with dogs out on the lawn throwing frisbees and tennis balls. All the other dogs could be trusted completely off leash...sigh.

Currey spent much of his time leashed to my office door lying in the hallway waiting for someone to come by and pet him. He had everyone who passed by fully convinced that he was absolutely neglected by all others. After 5, when others had left for the day, a co-worker ad I would get out the soft frisbee and throw it to our resident dogs down the offce building hallway on rainy winter days! What a life! He is so well socialized to dogs and all sorts of people, and I'm glad I could do that. At my new job (at a rather coservative east coast college) folks don't tend to bring dogs to the office. :( Once I'm more settled in and established there, though, I hope to sneak him in occasionally!

I travel once in a while and then of course they have to stay at home, but otherwise my dogs are always at work with me because I work at home. :)

All three come to work every day. I work in a law office for a lawyer that likes to work long hours and expects everyone else to also. Spike has been coming for 13 years. My office doesn't have a door. Spike is tied to a file cabinet and sleeps at my feet. Spring has a crate with door open and is tied to a table. She spends most of her time sleeping in the crate but ventures into the walkway when someone she wants to see comes by. Shiner who isn't 2 yet has a crate, door open, but is tied farther back, because he would be in the walkway trying to kiss everyone who walked by. My boss also brings his dogs most days, two Australian shepherds who stay in his office either loose or tied to his desk when he isn't in there. I like having mine tied so I don't have to worry about them if I get involved in a project.

Linda
MACH3 Red Lion Springin Miss Macho CDX RAE OF ME
Marquee Cairnoch Glintofmacho CD RE MX MXJ OF ME

Glenmore Hjour Summer Sun

My work place is dog friendly. The Sheriff brings his dogs in so those of us who have offices are allowed to bring them in. Jamie has grown up here she is a social hound! I think the main reason I love my job is I can bring a dog to work. I love walking thur the lobby right before visitation. I let people pet them but the best part is the expressions. I think most people don't expect to see a dog in Jail. :lol:

It also makes people smile, unfortunately most people who visit don't want to be here so seeing and getting some doggie love maybe makes it not quite as bad.

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

My husband took Grace to work everyday for her first year. She loved it and everybody loved her. Dave had a hard time getting any work done because everybody took their breaks in his office just to play with Grace. She can't go into work anymore because now we have three and I think that would be pushing it. I do believe that although Grace had a blast in Dave's office, she is happier at home with Lily and Molly!

I work at a resturant, so i think my bosses would get mad at me, and so would the health inspectors. My sister brings her st bernard to her work, shes at a local bank. i brought valentine there once tho.

I work at home, so obviously my two come to work with me. Belle's spot while I'm working is about a 7" hidey hole under my desk drawer. Petey, however, chooses most days to NOT come to work with me. He enjoys lounging on the couch upstairs or keeping an eye out the window for chipmunks.

Archived