CairnTalk

Fresh from the groomers

c_c

They did a great job. I haven't found a groomer that strips yet in my area, they all trim. So for now I'm the groomer!

What a beautiful boy. They did a great job with grooming him, I love his coloring. I finally found a groomer today that will hand strip and she charges $50, is that a good price??? I have no idea since I'm new to this whole thing. ;)

I'm doing more of the grooming now, but when I take them to our breeder for a really good job she charges $45 and it takes from 2 - 2 1/2 hrs. per dog. She brushes their teeth, does their nails, cleans their ears, and hand strips them. Her price seems very reasonable, but now with 2 dogs and the price of gas (it's 90 miles round trip), I try to do as much as I can myself. If I take them both together it's a 5 hour wait, and if I take only one I have to make 2 trips, so it's better to do what I can. I'm retired so I've got plenty of time to spend at the grooming table in the basement!

Jim, Connie, Bailey & Sophie

FLOWERCHILD-1-1.jpgBAILEYSOPHIE4-22-07002-1.jpg

Hi All,

We paid $95 in October. It is very difficult to find a groomer in our area who handstrips. I have found only two. I try to do my own grooming but I just cannot get the shape of the face/had area correct.

Barbara

The Housatonic Cairn Terrier Club has put on grooming seminars in the past. Maybe they'll do another? One can learn a lot from hanging out at Cairn club events and shows. Many exhibitors and breeders are happy to give a few tips or a short demonstration, particularly to someone who shows the initiative to want to groom their own Cairn.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Looks very much like I hope my Xena will look in a few weeks. She has her first hand-stripping appt on 12/14. The groomer said it would be $50-$60. I hope she looks as good as your guy when she is done!

Archived