CairnTalk

First Snowfall

Thistle

We heard they were having snow in the UP Michigan, so I figured you were pretty far north. Great pics and Thistle looks like she's having a ball!

Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

I love the photo of the snow girl! Boy, she loves the snow. We have one in the snow and 2 baking in the sun.

TNA there both adorable, sitting there with no worrys. What a life huh?

Love the pictures.

Rhonda,Kramer & Angel Missy "Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog". "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are" Missy Rainbow Bridge Memorial
/>http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/memorium/missy2.htm

I love the first picture too, its a snow dive.

I love the puppy but when I see that snow I think snowmobiling! We got some snow a little further north, I can't wait and neither can Scooter!

Jess, Scooter, Sadie and Dozer

DSCN2419-1.jpg

I'm so jealous of your snow. I'm in New Jersey and I can't wait for the winter to officially arrive. This will be Ella's first snowfall too and I wonder how she's going to react??? Hopefully she'll dig right in...just like Thistle.

I also live in New Jersey, but am not looking forward to the snow. My Sandy used to love the snow also. Wendy, what part of New Jersey are you in? I am in Trenton (Hamilton Twp.).

We had our first "real" snow ( about 2" ) when Renny was just a little over 3 months old. When I took him out he wasn't sure what the heck that stuff was. He walked up to it and first sniffed it, then licked it, and then had to eat some of it. In less than a minute, he was rolling snowballs with his nose, tossing them in the air and catching them.

About a month later we had an 18" snowfall the day after Thanksgiving. He really enjoyed plowing through it in the back yard, but when we tried to go for a walk later, he had a real hard time navigating through it and I cut that walk way short. Those short legs don't work well in deep snow. When I use my snowblower, I clear a couple of areas in the back yard so that he can "take care of business". He still loves jumping around and running through the deep stuff, but does appreciate the cleared areas at potty time.

After most of the sidewalks had been cleared, we started our regular ( though shorter )walks again. As in most neighborhoods, there were certain blocks where people simply don't clear the sidewalks. Each block in my area has an alley running down the middle of it, but out of habit, we stayed on the sidewalks. On one walk, Renny kept pulling me toward an alley, and it finally dawned on me that even though the sidewalks may be snow covered and nasty, the alleys all have a fair amount of vehicle traffic through them. Darn smart dog!! So, thanks to Renny, when there is a lot of snow on the sidewalks, we go through the alleys where the tiretracks make it a lot easier to walk.

We just moved from Portland, OR to Albany, NY. Currey is almost 2 yrs old and has seen only a dusting of snow and one "major snowstorm" in Portland...a whole 3 inches! He also go to visit Mt. Hood (3500 ft elevation) which had a respectible amount of snow on the ground. Here, a foot or more is just buisness as usual. I remember when I was a kid that my parents had to shovel the backyard for our westie when nor'easters blew through. Currey went WILD when he got to see snow over his past two winters. The biggest problem was we couldn't get him to potty because he suddenly viewed all his favorite spots as play areas! I am very curoius how he'll react once it is a normal part of our lives this winter. And for that matter, I'm still curious how MY system will react to an actual winter!

Im in south Mississippi and it never snows :pray: Maybe just maybe I can at least catch a glimpse of the white stuff?

I LOVE MY CAIRNS PUDDLES AND IRIS!