CairnTalk

kibble

caseysmama

i've been feeding casey Canidae all stages. when i first switched over about 2 months ago she went wild over it. now the thrill seems to be gone. she still eats it but not with the same gusto. tends to want to nibble off and on which is a habit i dont want.

I've been trying to add things to the kibble to make it more enticing and am looking for more suggestions.

is a small bit of chicken broth or bullion ok?

Same thing here. I started to buy a couple cans of canidae wet each time I bought a bag of kibble. He is gaga over the canned stuff. Still all the canidae quality, just he loves it. I put a scoop of it on top with dinner.

Magic treat dust works like a charm and you only have to sprinkle a tiny bit to make them think it's great!

Magic treat dust = crumbs from dried liver treats.

Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

Scooter has always been a nibbler and I have recently just adding a spoonful of wet Canidae to the dry Canidae and he goes CRAZY. He never used to get excited to eat and now when he sees me adding the wet he runs laps in anticipation of eating. I was shocked. The cat even went over to check out what he was eating and Scooter growled at him, he used to let the cat put his face in the dish when it was just the kibble.

I do reduce the dry food a little when I add a little wet food to balance it out. I do not want them packing on any extra pounds.

Jess, Scooter, Sadie and Dozer

DSCN2419-1.jpg

Archived