CairnTalk

How about Midwest EarthDog?

nikkikaem

I am fairly new to the Cairn breed, but my 2 yr old Lily loves going after chipmunks (has even caught a few) and I am interested in getting her involved in Earth Dog trials. I live in northern Michigan, if anyone knows who to contact, or any upcoming events please let me know. I have hit a dead end when looking on the internet.

Thanks!

post-2860-1192473560_thumb.jpg

Well, it's kind of far for you, but Purina Farms outside of St. Louis has some great Earthdog events. You can check the schedule at www.purinafarms.com. They have an All Terrier Fun Day scheduled for Sunday, November 4. You can try Earthdog and get help from the pros, as well as run lure racing and lots of other fun things. We went this spring and had a blast, but haven't been able to make it to other events. And unfortunately, we probably won't make it to this one.

Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

Hi,

There are a few scattered around the Midwest so takes some driving to pursue ED titles out here. Another one coming up on November 10/11 (or whatever that Sat/Sun is) is Dayton, OH which could be quite a drive from northern Mich. Their premium is also available at www.gcodtc.com If I don't have the website correct here, it should be listed on the AKC website for their trial. They have a great group put it on, plus they deep fry a Turkey on Sat afternoon after the trial, people bring side dishes, drinks, and everyone is welcome to stay and eat. I think they ask for $5 per person for the turkey. They usually have info on that in the premium too. I've only been able to stay once, and the food was great!

We'll be there that Sunday.

Karen

Archived