CairnTalk

Susie's eventfull holiday.

OzGirl

We've been away at a holiday house for the weekend with two other families and their labs. Mostly the girls had a great time, long walks and playing on the beach. But poor Susie had a few incidents that made it not so fun for her. The first was when she was barking at another dog in the garden next door, she was pulling on her lead and barking frantically to get to him. I was trying to unhook her from where we were sitting to take her over but Sophie (the lab) got worked up and tried to attack her. She was okay and all was forgiven.

The next day on the beach a couple of girls walked past us with three dogs, a great dane and two other big dogs. Susie again started barking furiously to go and great them so after checking with the owners they all did the ritual sniff and greet, no probs. But a little later they passed again and Susie barked again so I let some of her long lead out so they could greet again, and this time the great dane attacked her, I yanked her away as hubby moved in to help, one of the other dogs tried to join in on the action. It was pretty scarey but thankfully Susie was okay and the owners were very appologetic.

Then yesterday as things were being packed up to come home Sophie's mum made the mistake of leaving a bag with Sophie's food and stuff on the floor and Susie got too close and this time Sophie must have actually bitten Susie cos she yelped a couple of times before Sophie was pulled away. We couldn't see any marks but Susie was pretty shaken up and Sophie's mum was pretty upset too.

The funny thing is when we go for walks around home or to the park she never barks at other dogs so I'm not sure why she did it while we were away. Thankfully she didn't get hurt in any of these incidents but I think she would prefer if we take holidays on own next time.

ctdogs.jpg

Archived