CairnTalk

My First Cairn

Janet

I got my first Cairn when I was 9yrs old back in 1968 :blush::lol:

Here is a pic of Whisky when he was a little pup

Wasn't he just gorgeous :wub:

img063.jpg

DSCF0083.jpgDSCF0076.jpgDSCF0080-1.jpg

It has often been said if you have a Cairn Terrier in your home for a year you will have one for the rest of your life

Awwww Janet, that is really cool and sweet!!!!

Whiskey is a GREAT name!

Our dog trainer keeps wanting to call our Bailey, Guiness instead. And we wish we would have thought about the name and renamed Bailey when we adopted him. Something about alchol names for terriers works well!

Kate, Darcy & Bailey's mom

That is a great photo... I had my first Cairn when I was around the same age, close to the same year - his name

"Mr Mac of Happy Whisky"

In 2001 I got my first Cairn as an adult and I named him "Mr Mac Brewski"

I ove seeing that old photo! Its great to see that they were cute back then too! Thanks for sharing that with us!

Jess, Scooter, Sadie and Dozer

DSCN2419-1.jpg

WOW was he ever gorgeous! I love the picture! How precious.

Rhonda,Kramer & Angel Missy "Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog". "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are" Missy Rainbow Bridge Memorial
/>http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/memorium/missy2.htm

• 2 weeks later...
Awwww Janet, that is really cool and sweet!!!!

Whiskey is a GREAT name!

Our dog trainer keeps wanting to call our Bailey, Guiness instead. And we wish we would have thought about the name and renamed Bailey when we adopted him. Something about alchol names for terriers works well!

Here is me with my second Cairn called Brandy when I was 16 :lol:

img067.jpg

It has often been said if you have a Cairn Terrier in your home for a year you will have one for the rest of your life

I hope it's OK to join in with a Cairn of similar vintage? I was introduced to Cairns by my wife, who had a Cairn growing up. I was instantly charmed when she fetched a photo of her childhood Cairn out of her wallet :wub: Anyway, here is Endishee Olander, aka Dusty in 1966 and 1967.

dusty-1966.jpgdusty-1967.jpg

Just for fun (and since they are long gone and this can in no way promote a breeder) a Christmas card from the Olanders of similar vintage.

olander-1.jpg

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Lovely to see a pic of Dusty, Bradl :wub:

Anybody else had a childhood Cairn?

Those are just fabulous pictures, everybody. They would look wonderful enlarged and framed too.

My mother never let us have a dog when I was growing up....maybe that's why I have 3 now!

Janet & Brad,

Those are some amazing photos. It is wonderful to look back in time and see photos like that. I always wanted a Cairn as a child but we had Bostons & German Shepards. 2 weeks before my wedding we bought our first Cairn Missy. I will always have Cairns in my life.

Rhonda,Kramer & Angel Missy "Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog". "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are" Missy Rainbow Bridge Memorial
/>http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/memorium/missy2.htm

I'm loving these pictures!!! Growing up we always had female beagles since my dad hunted. Ginger was my first Cairn back in the 80's.

Archived