CairnTalk

Pink Nose

LilyGrace25

We just noticed this about a week ago, part of her nose is turning pink. It was small at first but we just returned from a 4 day trip and it has really spread.

It seem to be coming from her mouth but we can't find a sore. We are taking her to the vet on Wednesday but I was wondering if this has happened to anybody.

Thanks for any advice! I am a little worried. Lynn

good idea to take her to the vet. you don't mention whether it is a sore spot or just a spot that has lost its pigmentation. hope the vet solves the mystery!

I've heard (purely hearsay) that genuinely pink typically has a medical source, whereas a light grayish loss of pigment (that can look pinkish next to the black nose leather) is typically genetic in origin. (And generally harmless, except to a show dog's prospects.) So a trip to the vet is wise, if only to be reassured.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

I heard pigmintation as well or when weather turns cold it can casue this condition as well. It can possably be

a contact allergy to his/her rubber or plastic bowls. Try changing them to ceramic or metal if possable. I'm sure it is nothing, but, a vet check is always wise.

Rhonda,Kramer & Angel Missy "Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog". "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are" Missy Rainbow Bridge Memorial
/>http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/memorium/missy2.htm

We just found out that Lily has an ulcer on her lip. We are treating it with antibiotics. The vet said it should clear up fairly easily.

I am soooo relieved! I started to diagnose it myself on the internet and got into a frenzy! I always jump to the worse conclusions!

Lynn

Archived