CairnTalk

Are Cairns supposed to get this blonde?

boats85

Sadie just seems to get darker, I have noticed some grey streaks of fur but all and all she stays a dark red brindle.

Scooter on the other hand changes often but not too much. He looks completely different now than when he was a puppy. The tips of his ears are usually darker, right now his ears are very dark.

I think he would be considered a red wheaten if there is such a thing...

Scooter when he was 12 weeks old

Scooter028.jpg

Scooter with a lot more red...

October003.jpg

Little more blonde...but he seems to always have the red.

DSCN2038.jpg

Jess, Scooter, Sadie and Dozer

DSCN2419-1.jpg

I love the color of wheaten Cairns!! I grew up with Cairns and they were all Wheaten.

Scout was all black when she was a tiny puppy. She turned into a gray brindle when she was about 2, and now at 6 she has a lot of red in her coat!

Finch was a red brindle as a puppy and has darkened up quite a bit. Her undercoat is still a deep red.

Jessica H, the picture of Scooter at 12 weeks is almost identical how Renny looked at the same age. He still goes therough a seasonal change from blonde in the summer to a more reddish brown in the Winter.

Archived