CairnTalk

I've missed SO Much

Darc

WEll it seems like ages since I found the time to sit and look at all the pretty babies here. Life has thrown me a few curve balls since March and I am just starting to climb out from the wreckage.

Hubby decided to leave in March, we sold the house, I bought a new one, my beloved Joey (a gsp) passed away from liver cancer in July after a very brief illness, thought I was losing my job, just found out I am not, had to do some renovations at my new place (actually lots), then on Tuesday I found a lump in my breast and I have to wait until Oct 19 for a freakin mamogram.

HOWEVER, life goes on. I am enjoying my new home and living in a city (1st for me). Piper is 9 months old and has been amazing and wonderful and such a good boy :innocent: . He still doesn't bark and I mean NEVER. :confused1: Most I get is a chuffing noise. Torments the cats which keeps their weight down and that is a good thing. I will be buying a new camera soon (hubby got the old one) and will take pics.

Anyways - glad to be back. Now to spend a few hours catching up on all the pictures and such and bad dog antics

Dear Darc,

It seems your life has handed you more than a hiccup or two lately. I am so sorry to hear of the many difficult challenges life has handed you in such a short period of time.

I wish I had some magical wand to wave over you to make everything "okay". Please know I am thinking of you, and reaching out from cypberspace to give you a big hug. My positive thoughts and prayers will follow you daily.

Peace to you,

Barbara

Hi Darc:

Sorry to hear about all the life changes you've just been through.... It's very hard to have to wait for a test, limbo is a horrible place. I just realized that your in Canada and my health insurance info isn't going to help.... unless you compnay has a private plan?

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

Hi. That is quite a roller coaster you have been on. I hope the changes turn out to be new doors opening for you. You'll be in my thoughts about this breast lump issue. It's not fair for you to have to wait until October 19. Could something be done about that?

Take care

Well, I haven't been on the forum for weeks, and your post was the first one I read. My heart goes out to you as you deal with some difficult issues. I will put you on my prayer list, that you will adapt to your new life, and that your test will come back negative. I read in a medical journal that 4 out of 5 breast lumps are benign. Keep that in mind!!

I am amazed that you have to wait so long for your mamogram! There seem to be "breast health" facilities on every corner where I live, even mobile mamogram trucks! If I were you I would try another doctor or even drive a bit to be able to get one sooner. It would be worth it for your peace of mind.

:hug: Big hug and lots of prayers!

1 Peter 5:7

Cast all your care upon Him because He cares for you.

Mary

All creatures great and small, the Lord God, He made them all!

Sometimes a hug is enough to make one feel better, I am giving you one in spirit right now. You have been through so much in such a short period!

I too will add you to my prayer list.

I'm not sure how your health system works, but I have heard of delays before, I don't know if your doctor can pull any strings to get you in sooner, but I hope that will be the case. I will tell you I have 4 sisters and I know at least 4 of us have had lumps that after mammograms and sonograms have been determined to be no problem, one of them even had a biopsy and it turned out okay, same with my stepdaughter.

I will pray for speedy test with favorable results and peace of mind to you, I know peace of mind is the most important thing to me. :hug:

All my best to you,

Maggie

Darc, my prayers are with you. Having been in your shoes as well as far as breast testing - I'd definitely push your doctor to have him get you for the testing sooner. The unknown is a terrible place to be.

I hope you don't mind, but I've "lit a candle" for you at a website I just found. I started a Darc group where anyone in this forum or any of your friends can light a candle for you.

When you get to the page enter Darc in the spot for group names. You'll see the candle I lit and others can do the same.

Everyone, let's keep the candles going for Darc!

Candles For Darc

Welcome back. I hope that the carnival manager is going to let you permenantly off the roller coster ride. At least you had a sweet fuzzy face to keep your spirits up through it all. I will be thinking of you and hoping for the best return on your medical tests.

Kate, Darcy & Bailey's mom

Oh, I'm so sorry for all you've been going through.

I'm not familar with the health care in Canada but I would hope that anything potentially serious would be taken care of promptly. Have you seen your OBGYN for the lump? I found one a few years ago and they had me see the doctor before ordering a mamo....he could tell from the exam that it wasn't anything to worry about.

You might want to give the mamo office a call and ask them to let you know if there are any cancellations.

Hang in there and think positive thoughts. I'm sure everything will turn out okay.

On the bright side.......you have PIPER!!! And I'll bet he gives you much needed happiness and joy right now.

Keep us posted.

Sandy

Hi all and thanks for your thoughts and prayers. I am a pretty resilient person so I know I will weather this all and shine in my own way in the end.

BUT - poop happens as it did again yesterday morning but it did have a bright spot as well. I was out hunting (keeps me sane) and had a small accident (not with the gun) :oops: and drove myself up to the nearest hospital. After 10 or 12 stitches and an xray they put my thumb back together almost as good as new but will problably loose my thumb nail even though they reattached it. :censored: Anyways, this hoptital is about 1.5 hrs from home and I noticed they have a mamography clinic right in the hospital. I asked the nurse who cleaned up my thumb after the Doc was done with it how long it took to get an appointment. She says shouldn't be more than a week or so. Will be calling them later today to see if I can get in sooner.

I am glad you have such a positive attitude. I will keep you on the positive thought side of my brain and hopefully send you good vibes..... :hug:

Sending you lots of hugs and prayers. I do also believe it is true you only get what you can handle and from you email it sounds like you are doing great. I sure hope the earlier appointment works out for your peace of mind.

Liz and the fur kids

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

Archived