CairnTalk

Mett & Bratt on vacation

Tracy A.

Well we started our vacation on Monday. We are driving this year due in part so we can take the boys with us.

Things did not go so well the 1st night, I've had to stick to chains that will accept dogs. Our fist night we stayed in St. Clairsville which is on the Ohio-West Virginia border....

Mettwurst barked on and off all night long....at everything. Steve was ready to trade him in! (so was I)

Eariler in the day we had visited an Amish town in Berlin Ohio....Found out that they Brattwurst really does not like Horses. At one point you hear the echo of CairnTerrierCrackDog at the Horse echo off the buildings....aaahhhhh we love our dogs.

Well I'm happy to report that our 1st night in Gettysburg went well....everyone slept the night through!

We visit the park today and will leave for WV again tomorrow.

I've just now realized that I forgot to bring the cable for the digital camera- so no photos :(

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

Sounds like fun!!

we just went to a K( pool party and Napoleon was the only Cairn, and the only barker..there were at least 100 dogs ao all breeds and sizes and he was the ONLY one barking like a crack dog!!

Well we arrived home yesterday- As hard as I tried, I wasn't able to find a replacement cable for my Nikon on the road.

After the first night of no sleep, the boys settled down into the whole Hotel room concept. We also realized that a tired Cairn doesn't care if someone is walking around the hallway at 10 pm!

Here are some photos of the boys at Gettysburg

post-995-1189990301_thumb.jpg

My husband with the boys

post-995-1189990318_thumb.jpg

Hubby again with the boys

post-995-1189990364_thumb.jpg

Last pic of Gettysburg, I am with the boys in in the shade next to a cannon

post-995-1189990489_thumb.jpg

I took this one at a rest stop, I was on a hill resting with the boys and they like the hilltop vantage point they had of everything going on

post-995-1189990503_thumb.jpg

During the trip I got to visit the Fiesta Wear factory and outlet store. Needless to say I spent a few $$$$$ bucks there, So when my husband found a tractor in Gallipolis Ohio that he's been looking for the last 3 years at.... who was I to say no? This is the photo of the tow truck driver unloading it from the truck we rented to bring it back home.

It's a 1952 Ford 8N and will make the perfect prop for our Halloween card this year.... I see Cairn's on the seat with Hay bails, Pumpkins and Corn stalks- Just like the sceen with Toto in the wizard of Oz on the tractor seat!

post-995-1189990667_thumb.jpg

Archived