CairnTalk

Earthdog event

dianer

We are going to an Earthdog event and while contacting the coordinator I've found out they live about 40 miles from me which is great because I

hadn't met anyone that close by before. I get to meet her in person in Grass Valley this weekend (a three hour drive toward Sacramento). This is going to be really fun for Cassie I am certain. Send down some cool air from up north please because the forcast is for triple digits.

Have fun!. Wow, triple digits! It's funny, sometimes our cairns do better in inclimate rainy nasty weather, than when it's hot. But, we cant' control the weather. The most important part of earthdog is that it's another way to deepen the realtionship with your cairn.

Greg and Val Perry

Home of Kula RN CGC, Am. Can. Int'l. CH Cairngorm Coffee Tea or Me RA ME EE2/Can. SE NAJ NAS CGC (Kona), CH Clanmarr's Steele Princess (Hattie) and CH Scotchbroom Thistle The Patriot SE (Sully) Visit: CroftersDream.com

Well it was around 100 degrees but we had a good time anyway. It was probably hotter here at home and not as scenic so I'm glad we took off. We met lots of nice people. Cassie got IQ first thing Saturday morning then bombed out of Junior both Saturday and Sunday afternoon. We will probably keep trying and will look for another event. I understand there is one in Dixon, CA Oct 27 & 28th.

So glad you had a good time. I can see from your posts that you have "the fever" for fun! Earthdog is great, and all the people that you meet. I really hope you go to the next event. Congrats on your first trip, and although you went with family and not friends; you definitely left with more friends.

Yes,

Congrats on joining the fraternity of the crazy "RAT HUNTERS". And I mean the 2 foots, not the 4 foots......

Greg and Val Perry

Home of Kula RN CGC, Am. Can. Int'l. CH Cairngorm Coffee Tea or Me RA ME EE2/Can. SE NAJ NAS CGC (Kona), CH Clanmarr's Steele Princess (Hattie) and CH Scotchbroom Thistle The Patriot SE (Sully) Visit: CroftersDream.com

I went to my first Earthdog event yesterday in Maple Plain, MN. What a blast! Both of my dogs Q'd in Intro and in Junior. The event is a 3 day put on by Twin Cities area Cairn, Fox terrier and Dachshund clubs. Beautiful day and a great time meeting other terrier owners.

• 1 month later...

We have been hooked enough to go it again so I'm packing for Earthdog in Dixon and we leave tonight. Cassie is in a crazy mood lately. Last night at agility I could not get her to calm down. She has brains I just wish she'd use them. Now that she is two years old I keep thinking we'll see more mellow but it just isn't so.

"She has brains I just wish she'd use them."

The cairn owner's lament.....

"Now that she is two years old I keep thinking we'll see more mellow but it just isn't so. "

The cairn owner's other lament......

Have fun at earthdog! If you run in to Katrina, give her a big hi.

Greg and Val Perry

• 2 weeks later...
:confused: It was a discouraging weekend. As newbies we did just about everything wrong all the time even though we read the rules and tried our best. Cassie was very consistant. At the start we could barely hold on to her, she would charge at the entrance (Juniors), hit the breaks in a cloud of dust when she realized it was dark down there then run out behind us and sniff the same spot on the ground and roll in it. Not only did we fail we did it in mere seconds and with a very amused audience. There is another test in Woodland, CA Nov. 10 & 11 but I don't think we'll be entertaining there.

Archived