CairnTalk

God Created the Cairn Terrier....

Darcy's Mom

On the first day, God created the cairn terrier.

On the second day, God created man to serve the cairn terrier.

On the third day, God creatd the animals of the Earth to serve as potoential food for the cairn terrier.

On the fourth day, God created honest toil so that man could labor for the good of the cairn terrierl

On the fifth day, God created the tennis ball so that the cairn terrier may or may not retrieve it according to his mood.

On the sixth day, God created veterinary science to keep the cairn terrier healthy and the man broke (AMEN!!!)

On the seventh day, God tried to rest, but He had to walk the cairn terrier.

On the eighth day, God believeth that He was done, but Lo! the Garden of Eden was full of cairn terrier poop and craters. Adam and Eve, having been banished from the Garden, no longer dwelleth therein to serve the cairn terrier, so it came to pass that He had to clean the mess up Himself. And God was displeased.

On the ninth day, God sayeth unto the Heavens, "Who hath domain here, me or the cairn terrier"?

On the tenth day, God came upon the cairn terrier cockroached upon his Throne and abideth there unmoving, despite all His beseeching. And so it came to pass that God had His answer.

He then sayeth unto Moses, "Fine, you are in charge now, here are my 10 Commandmends. You deal with the cairn terrier, I'm retiring to Miami Beach!" And Moses convinced Pharaoh to let the Israelites go out of bondage in Egypt and journey to the Promised Land. God sayeth unto Moses, "The Promised Land shall be yours, but you must take the cairn terrier with you." And so it came to pass that the Israelites wandered for 40 years in the wilderness, waiting for the ciarn terrier to go potty, mark every bush and sniff every blade of grass in its domain. And the cairn terrier was fruitful and multiplied. The people were taken by the comeliness and manner of the cairn terrier, but were sorely distressed. "Lord", they cried out, "The cairn terrier is an attrative and sweet creature, but there are so many, what shall we do?"

And God sayeth unto the people, "Ye are the cursed people and shall be known as adopters! Thy yards shall be barren of grass. Thy dwelling shall overflow with dog beds, squeaky toys and cairn terrier kitsch. Thy carpets shall be forever stained. Thy vet bill shall be large and thy lives forever ordered around by the cairn terrier. And thy mind shall be muddled, as thou shalt treat the cairn terrier as thou do thy human offspring."

And Adopters begat Chippers. and Chippers begat Fosterers. And Fosterers began Adoption Groups, and Adoption Groups began Discussion Lists. And Discussion Lists begat Gatheriings. And Gatherings begat Vendors. And Vendors begat a wardrobe for the cairn terrier. And the cairn terrier was spoiled.

God looked down on this and was pleased.

Author Unknown.

That was so good! And I can see a Cairn bossing around God, and God shaking his head and saying "ok I'm coming".

Archived