CairnTalk

Cassie will go to the show

dianer

I let two friends talk me into entering an AKC event in Grass Valley, CA. Now they are not going and I'm on my own. Seems my love for cairns has overidden my good senses. I'll drive down Friday then back on Monday. Wish us luck and sanity.

Have fun and connect with other cairn enthusiasts! Be sure to introuduce yourself to the people you dont' know. Good luck, but don't worry too much about the outcome at a dog show.

Greg and Val Perry

Home of Kula RN CGC, Am. Can. Int'l. CH Cairngorm Coffee Tea or Me RA ME EE2/Can. SE NAJ NAS CGC (Kona), CH Clanmarr's Steele Princess (Hattie) and CH Scotchbroom Thistle The Patriot SE (Sully) Visit: CroftersDream.com

There is a new development that has me hoping we'll be done on Saturday and can go play. There is an EARTHDOG EVENT also! I didn't know until the paperwork came today that the Golden Gate Dachsund Club is having an Earthdog Test both days! Now I'm really looking forward to this trip.

Now we're talking! Earthdog is the best! Same advice as above.....have fun. The thing about earthdog is, if you don't have fun....your dog will!

Greg and Val Perry

Home of Kula RN CGC, Am. Can. Int'l. CH Cairngorm Coffee Tea or Me RA ME EE2/Can. SE NAJ NAS CGC (Kona), CH Clanmarr's Steele Princess (Hattie) and CH Scotchbroom Thistle The Patriot SE (Sully) Visit: CroftersDream.com

We showed both days which meant picking the dirt and pine tar out of her before the show on Sunday. I got some super tips from other Cairn people on grooming and showing. I have to say everyone was very tolerant of my ignorant ways. Grass Valley is a lovely place. We have some third place ribbons for the scrapbook and I learned a great deal. We got to meet and hug Cairns of all ages which my daughter will probably tell you was her favorite part.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad you had a good time! There is a lot of depth to the community of cairn enthusiasts. If you're not a part of your local cairn club, reach out. Cairn clubs have great rescources and great people. You'll find plenty of mentors if you're looking for one.

Greg and Val Perry

• 1 month later...

Thanks for reminding me that there are people out there. I have met some real Cairn experts in person this year I just didn't post names because this website doesn't want to promote one breeder over another and I couldn't think of a way to word things so I didn't do that. They were great and super helpful because they really care about Cairns. I have followed the advice I have gotten, even from the ring steward that suggested I go back to handling classes and matches. We did a match Nov. 3rd in Red Bluff, CA. It would be great if more people would join in because we were the only Cairn AND the only Terrier entered but as a result we got lots of ring time and Cassie (and I) really improved.

This is great to hear. I love it when experienced people share their knowledge and anecdotes. I've also been given some kindly nudges. Like the judge who told me one time, "Just follow your dog, sir. He knows what he's doing." Meaning of course that I obviously did not!

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

• 1 month later...

Archived