She was yawning in the second picture 5 weeks old

post-291-1187534934_thumb.jpg

post-291-1187534948_thumb.jpg

post-291-1187535099_thumb.jpg

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

Aw she is sooo gorgeous!! :wub:

DSCF0083.jpgDSCF0076.jpgDSCF0080-1.jpg

It has often been said if you have a Cairn Terrier in your home for a year you will have one for the rest of your life

I can see you're already having fun with your creative talents and a new puppy..can't wait to see what you come up with for Halloween. :lol:

She is beautiful!

No Terrie, Jamie Girl isn't staying with me. If all works out well she will go to her new home in December so I will have 5 months with her.

Sugar's Mom had to be fixed because of health issues recently and the wonderful person I got Sugar from had not kept a female from her and she was very distresssed. It basically ended her line on that side. :crybaby: She will be getting Jamie. :)

She entrusted Sugar with me so it is the right thing to do, difficult but right. I did tell her it was important to me that she be called Jamie and she said that was good with her because she knew Jamie's namesake and had lots or respect for her.

There are loads of things to consider with breeding and I have 2 young females, Harley and Sugar so I really did not need a girl right now. But by placing the girl with her I will have the opportunity to get a Sugar grandpuppy some time in the future if all goes well. :D

Some time in the next couple of years I will repeat the breeding and see what happens. Right now I am still learning the pedigree side of breeding and what to look for. There is so much that goes into breeding and I want to be very careful with my girls.

Liz

Thank you sooooo much for the beautiful baby pictures.

The Cairns and their people on this forum always brighten my day.!

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Liz:

I am really happy to hear that you'll have 5 months more with jamie.

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

Oh my GOD she is just soo darn cute!! WOW I commend you for giving her up I don't know if I could...especially after spending 5 months with her!!

How is Mommy Sugar doing??

keep us posted

Liz,

I, like many others, would be deeply distressed to have to give her up. Especially, after five months.

You referred to her namesake...maybe I haven't been on the forum long enough to know that story. However, I would like to hear it sometime, as it appears to mean very much to you.

Angela

p.s. You will have her at Halloween, so I'm excited to see her costume.

Angela,

I met a wonderful woman in FL who helped me learn so much about Cairns. She was an open and honest person and she was so positive about Sugar at a time I needed it most. The last litter she bred included Harley and she offered me the chance to get Harley and of course I did. She passed away suddenly after I got Harley. I had only know her well for about 6 months but I loved and respected her and it left a very deep void in my life. There are times when I still can't believe she is gone.

She bred the boy I wanted to use with Sugar, she told me that she thought it would be a good breeding after looking at Sugar and seeing her pedigree. She is not here to see what they produced, this pup is so much a part of her line that I wanted to name the pup after her.

Jamie is named after a stong, outspoken woman who cared deeply for the ones she loved. She wanted what was best for Cairns and loved her dogs so very much. I only hope that Jamie Girl will grow into a strong representation of the breed.

Liz This was taken today she is one day shy of 5 weeks and loves life just like Jamie did

post-291-1187657986_thumb.jpg

Liz

Liz that is a touching story and very sweet of you to name the pup after her. She is a darling baby girl. I love that last pic. Why will you have her so long? That would kill me to pass her along after all that time. Good job.

terry

Terry, mom of Dori and Ellie Mae

th_IMG_0641-1.jpgth_prettypuppies.jpgth_IMG_0068.jpg

She is going from GA to CA. I will not ship her. We have a friend that is coming down in December to visit her parents, she will take Jamie back on the plane with her. Since this is the first puppy I bred I really wanted to see how she develops so I don't mind keeping her. She would have stayed until she was 12 weeks anyway which is the middle of October so I will have her only a month and 1/2 after that. I will put her in a handling class and get her leash trained, socialized and she should be for the most part housebroken so Pauline doesn't mind.

She comes to work with me every day so I can feed her the noon meal.(saving gas) I think people here will really miss her. I have several deputies who come by every day to visit and watch her play or sleep.

You must remember that I have Sugar and can repeat the breeding, I am not ready to have another puppy girl right now. It's part of breeding and being responsible. I knew going into it I did not want to be a puppy collector, I am watching others who have too many pups and they neglect the Cairns they have. I have Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar and Harley who I love dearly so I have to plan carefully for the future. I have to think about space, my time, and money. Now if I win the lottery things might be different but then I have to remember to buy a ticket!

Liz

Liz,

Thank you so much for sharing the story of Jamie. It was very touching, and I can understand the naming of Jamie Girl. Additionally, I respect your responsible and sensible breeding and care of the breed. All of us speak with our heart and become selfish with our needs, and not what is best for the dog(s). I commend you!

Please keep those photos and updates coming.

Angela

Archived