CairnTalk

CTCA National Specialty

bradl

Tick Tock. Don't let time run out! Make your plans now to attend the 2007 CTCA National Specialty. The Radisson in Trevose, PA will be Cairn Central and room availability is guaranteed if you make your reservation before August 31. Don't Delay! Be sure to ask for the Cairn Terrier rate.

This year's specialty theme is Homecoming - if you haven't been to a national specialty, or been recently, it's your chance to see a huge number of good Cairns all in one place. In addition to several all-breed shows during Montgomery week, thrill to the puppies and veterans in the sweepstakes at the hotel; bask in clouds of Cairns at the National Specialty. There is also education, agility, obedience, and more. Check the calendar for event information.

Hope to see you there.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Thanks for the link/info....I only wish I was able to go. PA is not all that for from Ct too.

Ahhh....to dream the impossible dream....

Having to come from Oregon, I can only imagine the thrill of having a national specialty so close. I've done 3+ hours (one way) to shows as a daily commute, but at around four hours drive, I'd probably spend the $118 and stay over at the hotel. There is something ineffably delightful about wandering around a hotel and seeing Cairns walking through the hallways... Arrive Friday, watch the sweepstakes on Saturday, attend the specialty in Blue Bell on Sunday, and head home from there. Two night's lodging, two days of fabulous Cairns.

Some pictures from last year.

Anyone intending to come should consider requesting a Cairn Talk button.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support

And you forget some of the most important things ...

... all those terriers on one place!

.. and the SHOPPING ... oh my :whistle::-)

Ahhh, to see all those special Cairns gathered in one place :).

I just love picture #38.....cuddle bug :wub:

We now have to save all of our vacation for grandkid visits in Seattle.

Cathy

Cathy and Piper

A mere 14 hours for me, (according to MapQuest, don't know why it always takes longer!) I'll be there for agility and obedience at Kimberton, then Friday, Saturday and Sunday as a spectator. AND of course earthdog on Monday at Village Green, where the cairns get down and dirty.

Linda
MACH3 Red Lion Springin Miss Macho CDX RAE OF ME
Marquee Cairnoch Glintofmacho CD RE MX MXJ OF ME

Glenmore Hjour Summer Sun

I sure hope I get to attend this year. I hope to hook up with my FL buddies and come up with them. I can't wait. The only catch is getting the time off but hopefully that will be no problem. I am going to have to get me a button!

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

Val will be there with Kula, Kona and Hattie. Kula (our ILP)will be doing agility at Kimberton. Kona will be entered in the breed ring and both Kona and Hattie will be earthdogging it on Monday. I'm debating on a quick flight out for Sat. through Monday festivities.

Greg and Val Perry

Home of Kula RN CGC, Am. Can. Int'l. CH Cairngorm Coffee Tea or Me RA ME EE2/Can. SE NAJ NAS CGC (Kona), CH Clanmarr's Steele Princess (Hattie) and CH Scotchbroom Thistle The Patriot SE (Sully) Visit: CroftersDream.com

• 1 month later...

How would you like to see up to 160 Cairns in one place? The Cairn entry for the annual specialty is in:

54 class dogs

63 class bitches

25 best of breed dogs

11 best of breed bitches

7 nonregular class (dogs and bitches)

Overall, there are 2,107 terriers of all kinds entered at Montgomery County. (Infodog)

• 2 weeks later...

Now that it's THE weekend, I see that there isn't any info about time, or any kind of schedule!

We live a half-hour away and were planning on going tomorrow, but WHEN?

~Liz

Thanks Maggie, but I've tried that. Maybe I'm blind, but I've tried clicking EVERYTHING, and I've seen nothing about time or schedule for tomorrow :confused1:

Liz

http://www.infodog.com/jps/340/jpg340.pdf is the judging program. Cairns appear to be Ring 5 @ 9:00, at the community college in Blue Bell. Look for a dork with a camera, a brown baseball cap with a Cairn Talk button, and say "Hi." I can now point out hallswel and Best3Cairns to ya as well :)

Well I had a great time at the specialty! The weather was hot and muggy, but the Cairns were cool and people were having a good time. It is so neat to meet people and Cairns from all around the country - and the world - all gathered in one place to celebrate Cairns. It's also strangely fun to hang out with friends from home (like the nwpawsacrossamerica gang) while sharing the experience of being mildly displaced and totally immersed in Cairns. If you missed it this year, plan for next year or hit the national roving specialty at Great Western (in Long Beach) in June. If you click on the photo below, you can view a slideshow of the sweepstakes and specialty. I tend to include a fair number of 'people shots' because I find for some reason that evokes for me the strongest feeling of reliving an event.

DSC_2282.JPG <-- click me

Archived