CairnTalk

How many Cairns are in your family?

pookiegirl

Hello to All,

Today I was reminiscing about our first Cairn Terrier, Zoe. Sadly, we lost Zoe when she was only six years old. Initially, she was the reason I joined this wonderful forum. I stuck around because it is an extraordinary source of all things Cairn and a great source of emotional support as well.

Since that time, we have become the proud Cairn parents to Cody, 2 1/2 years old and Lexi, who just celebrated her 2nd birthday.

My daughter is owned by two Cairns, Winnie and Riley. Winnie was adopted through Col. Potter's.

My younger sister is the newest Cairn mom to Mr. Woof. (yes, Mr. Woof- her son is a Star Trek enthusiast, I guess this has some connection to a character the show).

It seems as though our Zoe has left behind a Cairn legacy all her own for which we are forever grateful.

I am curious - How many Cairn Terriers are part of your immediate and extended families?

Barbara

we just have two none of my extended family has any cairns

Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really." - Carlotta Monterey O'Neill

I have three...Winnie, Madison and Remington.

I only wish my extended family had Cairns...would make for some really fabulous holiday gatherings. :whistle:

I only have two- my Metterwurst and Bratterwurst...

I have become good frineds with my groomer who is a Cairn and Norwich breeder, so if she counts she has 10 Cairns & 4 Norwich.

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

There is only 1 Cairn, Bear, in our family. I hope to have a female Cairn puppy come live with us later this fall or early winter. Our other dog is a Golden Retriever. No Cairns in our extended family, but Bear does have 2 Scottish Terrier cousins.

MAKE it a GREAT day!!! :D

Marge

Nigel and Aislinn own us...a thankless job no doubt. :D

We are the only ones smart enough (or brave enough?) to have Cairns.

"Lord help me be the person my cairn terriers believe I am."

I have two Cairns now, Rudi and Abby. My first Cairn was Zoe (Ch. Happicairn Dream on Me), she was my super little show dog and a pal to Sasha (German Shepherd), Suki (wacky German Shepherd) and Moxie (a big Yorkie).

I encouraged my sister to choose a Cairn and she had Gibson. Gibson died about three years ago and he's been followed by Casey, also a Cairn.

I really, really tried before I got Rudi to talk myself into another breed .... but in the end it I just could not do it! :thumbsup:

We have Olie, 6.5 years, Teddy Bear and Sweet Pea, 5.5 years. All share the same

Dad...Sweet Pea and Teddy were litter mates and even though it was four years

after they were born until they got to live together they are devoted to one another.

Speaking of devotion, my devotion to Cairns started with Holdsworth in 1983, and then

Shadow in 1987. Both have since passed to rainbow bridge, but they pulled

me into the mix, so to speak, for life.

No other family members have Cairns.

Good thread.

Tara, Proud Mom of Olie, Teddy and Sweet Pea.

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

I have Grania 9 and Duncan 5. Before them I had Kelly and Tico. They have both gone over the Bridge. There has been a Cairn in my life since 1975.

No other member of my family has a Cairn. In fact I'm not sure if any have terriers.

We finally have two -- it took me a while to convince DH that a second would be a great idea. Allie is almost 10, and T-Bone, a rescue, is probably 2 or 3. And two dogs, for the two of us, is just about right!

We have two, Bailey 4yrs., and Sophie 16 mos.. Sophie has only been with us 3 mos., and has been a great addition to our family. I know Bailey would be lost without her now, and so would we. No one else in our families has Cairns, and they probably can't understand our obsession and devotion to them (neither do I, it just happened!!)

Jim, Connie, Bailey & Sophie

FLOWERCHILD-1-1.jpgBAILEYSOPHIE4-22-07002-1.jpg

We have two: Diggy (our first) who is 15 months, and Jazmine, who came to us at a year old, is now a year and a half.

No other terriers in our family. Though, ours have grown on people, and if they were getting pets, I bet they would consider it!

We have two, Miya 7 months, Max 4 months. They have the same father.

I did a lot of research before I contacted a breeder and we brought Miya into our home. I just loved everything about the Cairn and that's why we ended up with a 2nd one :)

None in the extended family.

Miya

Max

We're a single Cairn family with just Packy right now. We have two for a short time when we first got Pack, but Willie passed away shortly after. Our plan is to get another next Spring, after a big trip to Australia. No other Cairns in the immediate family, but some good friends have two. They were inspired by our first, Willie, and love them just like us!

Packy's "cousins" are Labs and an Aussie.

Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

We are a two cairn family, Roxy and Susie both nearly 2yrs. Don't have any family/friends with a cairn (actually I don't know anyone with any kind of terrier, does that say something about me? :P )

Hi kjwarnold,

Our plan is to get another next Spring, after a big trip to Australia.
If you are heading west maybe we could "catch up"

Janet.

ctdogs.jpg

We have three cairns living at our house...oh I mean our three cairns have two human pets living at their house. Dale Evans is 4, Bailey is 6 and Colby is 7 months old. We have been fencing in our back yard since we now have three of them. They can't wait to play in the back yard. Carins are like potato chips, you can't just have one!

Siggy is the only cairn in our family at the time, but my husband and I have been looking for a local breeder to add another cairn to our home. Siggy has brought us more joy than I can even describe. Since we have gotten him my mother (who currently and previously has only owned large dogs) has decided that when it is time to add another dog to her family it will be a cairn. They are truly wonderful!

Carins are like potato chips, you can't just have one!

I tried my best to con my husband into a 3rd, now that the boys are two.... he said no deal! I can understand his feelings, Mett & Bratt were (are) a handful.

I've instead become a foster grandparent to a Col. Potter rescue dog, I figured If I can't have a 3rd I could at least support another Cairn in his foster home during the wait for a forever home.

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

I only have one Cairn who owns me, Jack. Jack has many friends and extended family, but none are Cairns. :(

My mom was considering a Westie, but they settled on a Golden. I personally think that obedient dogs like Goldens are over rated! :lol:

Jack's Mom

We have two Cairns. Although we grew up with Cairn Terriers, I am the only one (out of 7) of the siblings that has Cairns!

I personally think that obedient dogs like Goldens are over rated! :lol:

Our Golden, Oliver, is 18 months old and is NOT very obedient. I think he picked up some clues from his Cairn brother. I tell Oliver something to do, and he looks at Bear like..."well, should I pay attention or not?" and Bear look back at him like.."Naw. Let them wait." Unless, of course, food or a walk are involved, then they both pay attention. I must say that Oliver is Bear's favorite "toy". I can't help but love them both.

MAKE it a GREAT day!!! :D

Marge

Archived