CairnTalk

Pat McKinney

bradl

Today with sadness I learned of the recent passing of Pat McKinney. The Cairn Terrier has lost a good friend.

Pat was the author of the amazing Compendium of British Cairn Terrier Records - an absolute treasure, with pictures and pedigrees of Cairn champions beginning in 1913 with Ch Firring Frolic.

I first met Pat on an email list, and likewise her husband Brian. I later met them both in the hospitality suite of the first regional specialty we attended (as rank novices) and was delighted by Pat and Brian who put this newcomer at ease with lively and welcoming conversation. Later I was privileged to serve on the board of governors of the CTCA with Pat. She was also very active in Cairn rescue.

Rest in peace Pat. May your heart beat on in the wag of Cairn tails forever.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

• 2 months later...

Hello -

My name is Devin McKinney, and Pat McKinney was my mother. Thank you for the kind words - I know that your organization and others like you became an essential part of my mother's life in her later years. Especially her rescue work with Colonel Potter.

There are four brothers, and we have all be surprised at the outpouring of condolences and wonderful memories that have come from the various groups

Thanks again for being part of a community that my mother treasured - her good works live on in each and every cairn that is wagging its tail today.

I have attached a picture of her memorial stone, I think you can see the picture on it.

Devin

post-3013-1192487256_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for posting. The memorial stone is beautiful, the Cairn standing so tall. Seeing the stone really brought tears to my eyes. It is a perfect stone for such an amazing woman.

Rhonda,Kramer & Angel Missy "Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog". "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are" Missy Rainbow Bridge Memorial
/>http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/memorium/missy2.htm

Archived