CairnTalk

new to boards

RockStarz

Howdy from Oklahoma! I've been reading Cairn Talk for quite some time and finally decided to join. Here's a little about our cairn house. We got Nigel three years ago as a puppy. Nigel is really pretty laid back...for a terrier. His personality keeps us either laughing or bumfuzzled. He is an easy dog...not particular about food, takes meds easily, minds reasonably well, and gets along with everyone. Aislinn, our girl, is another story. She was a year old when we got her, and she came with lots of issues that are mostly worked out now. Talk about have one's patience tried! Where Nigel is "laid back", Aislinn is sooo not! She is in constant motion...if she's not moving, something on her body is. Her previous owner carried her and held her to keep her off the carpet, so she is a great lap dog. Our vet believes she is part Yorkie because of her petiteness and finickiness. She weighs a mere 7.5#, which is up from the 6# when we got her. A complete blood panel revealed no problems; however she does have acid reflux and takes cimetidine ( just like her Papa). What a treat she now is! Nigel basically tolerates her, while Aislinn is the typical little sister...annoying. Nigel's jealousy has been a positive for us...he stays closer to us and sits with us more. He has never been mean to Aislinn, though she can sure give him heck!! It's really pretty harmonious.....My dogs, my 4-legged fur-bearing children, have taught me many lessons....and I use those lessons with my fourth grade class. Life before them was awesome, but now it's just, well, gone to the dogs....and neither of us would have it any other way!!!

"Lord help me be the person my cairn terrier believes I am."

RockStarz

post-2894-1186241240_thumb.jpg

post-2894-1186241318_thumb.jpg

"Lord help me be the person my cairn terriers believe I am."

your dogs are absolutely adorable!!! i'm guessing the gray is aislinn and the wheaton is nigel, but of course with cairns, who can say? your linking cairns to fourth graders is perfect (i knew there some reason i'm not teaching fourth grade...). and i don't know what poor nigel's problem is, but he doesn't seem to be a real cairn --not like that aislinn!

Hi and welcome.

I agree your Cairns are just beautiful and never having a dull moment when they're around is the best! I couldn't imagine life without my dogs....boring, sad and empty!

Welcome to Cairn Talk! Your dogs are adorable! I have two females and their personalities are like night and day too! Scout is very mellow, and easy going. Finch is like having a 2 year old with ADD in the house! I wouldn't have it any other way! :D

Welcome! your house sounds like my house Angel is sweet and laid back and Scotty well he's crazy and just when we think he finally gets tired and runs out of energy ...he gets all of his energy back!!!

Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really." - Carlotta Monterey O'Neill

Thanks for your warm welcomes! I'm gonna love this place!!!

RockStarz

Welcome to the board !!!

Your Cousins,

Chase and Gus

You must give some time to your fellow men. Even if it's a little thing, do something for others - something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

-Albert Schweitzer (1875 - 1965)

Chase and Gus video

Youtube- Best of Chase and Gus

Cairn Terrierists

It's because cats simply can't be trusted for heavy lifting & dirty work required in the war on terrior.

Chase & Gus....Nigel says "Dudes! What up?"

Nigel is the handsome wheaten and the teeny tiny gray beauty is Aislinn (but what cairns don't fall into those categories?)...Sorry I didn't make that clear.

RS

Archived