CairnTalk

Winnie's new found friend

kayharley

I will admit that I had some reservations when we got our puppy Remy. Winnie, age 13+ would probably not want to tolerate any type of puppy behavior directed at her. She liked to spend most of her time relaxing with a soft toy, licking it to death or just lying around....but lately she has gotten her second wind and Remy is the cause of it!

It's like the two of them have bonded big time. They are constantly playing together, wrestling, chasing each other and tonite Winnie was running after Remy down our hallway, right on his butt, running at his speed...not bad for an old lady, eh?

While Madison, age 3.5, likes to play too, she seems to be less tolerant of our new little bugger....she'll play with him but only when and if she want to and makes sure he knows that she's the boss.

After our horrible ordeal last year with Elliott, I am so happy to have a Cairn family all get along.

Sandy:

I am so glad to hear that things are working out. I know what a hard time you had in the past year. It's nice to hear that Winnie is being playful with the puppy.

Edited to add: Ah pictures please. :;):

Edited by Mysticsol8
Tracy, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

What a sight Winnie and Remy must be. I'm so happy that everything is working out so well.

DH and I are considering adopting a rescue Cairn next year when I retire. I'm kind of scared. I never had two dogs before and I don't know how they'll be together.

Again, I'm so happy that Remy has been a wonderful fit for everyone! Keep the stories coming.

Sandy, I'm so happy that your pups are all getting along! You have been through hell and back and deserves some wonderful times with your Cairns!

Any updated pics?? I'd love to see them. :)