CairnTalk

A record, maybe?

mattoleriver

On Tuesday we had eight Cairn Terriers at the 10:00 AM obedience class. Only five were being worked, the others were either finished or awaiting the next class, still, that's a whole lotta Cairns! They were a great bunch of dogs and all of 'em got along with all of the other dogs in the class but the Cairns seemed to recognize a kinship with the other Cairns. Nobody loves a Cairn more than another Cairn.

Griffin is getting very close to ready for the Novice ring. I sent in entries for four UKC trials and am awaiting confirmation of the entries now.

George

Oh my! I wouldn't have been able to work my dog - I'd wana run off and see all the other cairns!

Where in OR are you with such a high Cairn density?

If you count all the Cairns in the room, probably a record!

When we were getting ready for Team, I think we once had Barley, Haggis, Rosie, Tucker (the team) in class along with Geordie, Archie, and Briskie. It may have scarred Jim for life. I plan to add to his misery (or is it to his retirement annuity?) by sneaking Echo into his Saturday class in about three weeks.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

oh gosh, i would love to see that. do you they have obedience classes especially for cairns and westies? it seems their idea of "obedience" might not be the same as some other breeds...

>Barley, Haggis, Rosie, Tucker (the team) in class along with Geordie, Archie, and Briskie

Boy, there's a blast from the past! I haven't seen most of those dogs in awhile. Rosie and Tucker still come to class but Rosie doesn't come very often and Tucker is working far beyond our level and generally on a different schedule. I see some of the others at trials or social events every once in awhile.

Brad, you'd feel right at home in the Tuesday classes. Susan, Vicki and Marie all bring their dogs on Tuesday and that is also the day that Marcella busts out of the senior home and comes to get her Cairn "fix".

>do you they have obedience classes especially for cairns and westies?

I haven't heard of ongoing classes just for specific breeds but I have heard of special classes being offered for particular breeds/groups when a group asks for it. I have also heard of ongoing classes exclusively for small dogs at some facilities. I think one reason that there are so many Cairns where we train is because the training facility is located on the site of a very old (no longer active) Cairn Terrier kennel. The kennel was still active when the training classes started but the classes were always independent of the kennel. There have been Cairns in the classes right from the start and word-of-mouth has made it the place to train Cairns in the Portland area.

>it seems their idea of "obedience" might not be the same as some other breeds...

You said a mouthful there!

George

Archived