CairnTalk

SNUGGLE BUNNY

Dawnya

Every night Ashes (our only boy) has to be on his back in his Daddy's lap for a nightly nap. He weighs about 22# and his Daddy says it is like having a very heavy marshmellow LOL. It really is cute, head hanging upside down on Dad's arm, legs supported by other arm and tummy ready for a rub, very limber and limp. I have a pillow with the buckwheat hulls, and when ready for bed all three want my pillow, so it becomes a race for the bed...they win of course. Then negotiating, every night I have a new partner to share the pillow with. I have been thinking about making a pillow filled with the buckwheat hulls to market. We have found that they all like to be on their backs arched and supported by the pillow. Does anyone else have this? And if so, what do you think of the dog pillow idea?

dog pillow idea is great, so long as it doesn't turn into a new way of distributing buckwheat all over the house. my cairn has a bad habit of chewing idly on the things he likes --i think he is daydreaming about playing with them, and chewing on them at the same time... his favorite objects are distinguished by their huge holes and torn edges. i'm afraid that in the case of my dog the more he liked the pillow the more he would be likely to destroy it... but hey, that is his problem with everything! not just pillows.

otherwise, it is a great idea. i know the pillows you mean, the are great. i wouldn't mind having a much bigger one for me, forget about the dog.

Siggy is very affectionate-particularly if I am involved in something other than interacting with him. He is three and he definitely has moments when he just wants to be left alone, but those moments are the certainly the exception and not the rule. When I am reading he usually tries to get between me and the reading material. He sits in my computer chair with me or at my husband's feet or in his lap almost constantly. He is just the sweetest dog I have ever known.

Dawnya - Will is 1 & 1/2 and he is exactly as you described.... Drives me crazy sometimes - but I'd never complain as I soooo enjoy him and his affections! :)

Crunch is the snuggler. He likes to be in your lap and gives kisses constantly. Gus is the one who follows me around all the time. BUT he doesn't care for any snuggling. It's like he just wants me in his sight constantly.

LOL, check out my avatar. Guinness won't even let me sit at the computer without being a lapdog! He usually sleeps down at the bottom of the bed or occasionally right next to me. Of course if I happen to bump him in the night he growls at me hehe. When I wake up he comes up to my shoulder, gives me some kisses, then cuddles while exposing his belly for me to rub.

As much frustration that I have with him at times, I just have to laugh at his unique personality and nature.

Here is an example of Jazz snuggling on one of our friends. We had only had her for two weeks maybe.

HPIM0478.jpg

How cute is that.

Archived