CairnTalk

cairn people

pkcrossley

This is an interesting thread. I grew up with a Wired Hair Fox Terrier. She had a wonderful personality and really did sound like a big dog from behind the front door. Then as an adult, I got a Lab puppy. She was incredibly sweet, the best baby girl dog in the world and full of hugs and kisses. She preferred to sleep with her head in my lap-a little hard at 66 lbs! We had to put her to sleep last summer. I said NO MORE DOGS!! We have 4 cats.....then, I saw Cookie. And when I heard about her I thought well, maybe we can help her. She has no medical issues, just is very afraid of other dogs and so becomes aggressive barking etc. She also has pee-pee issues and had been brought back to the shelter 2 x in a month. We were her 4th house. I love Cookie and think she has come so far since we got her. She has gone to obediance training at Petsmart and the trainer there says terriers are so smart, clever, funny, sweet, cute, and little devils at the same time while some of the bigger dogs are sweet but dumb. I had to agree for the most part. Some days since Cookie came to live with us, i think,"Oh my God, WHAT was i thinking?", but then i watch her wiggle with happiness when she eats or gets her head scratched and I think, "Yeah, God knew what he was doing sending you here." I thank God daily that we have Cookie even when i have just put her outside and she has come in and gone potty on the floor. She is a challenge and I look forward to her kisses(few and far between) and her little happy dance every day.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hang in there with the house-breaking; she will "get it," eventually (although if she's like my Ellie, she'll pee on the floor when she's annoyed with you). But the rewards are great. Congrats.

Laurie

I think I like Cairns because they are so independent. Before my two Cairns I had two Siamese. Enough said.

Jetersmom(and Bernie's)

Archived