CairnTalk

grooming

Judy

I just purchased my Mars Coat King and it works wonderfully. My only question is when do I stop combing my little boy? I don't want him to be bald, and I can't believe the amount of hair I have already taken off of him. It's his first trim. Thanks in advance for the help.

The first time I used the coat king, it looked like I took 3 dogs' worth of hair off. And she had plenty left. You can stop when it doesn't seem like you're pulling as much out, and when the dog has an overall clean, groomed look. The hair will look somewhat short, since you're taking out the long, dead hair.

The first time is the longest and hardest. Don't plan on getting it all in one go-at least my dog can't sit that long. I use the coat king about once a month in summer, and once every 2-3 months in the colder weather.

Thanks for the info. Levi seemed to enjoy the grooming. I have always brushed him, but never used the Mars before. Yes, a lot of long hair came out, now he's a pretty handsome little boy. thanks again.

Archived