CairnTalk

our home has gone to the dogs

Teri9672

I guess the dogs won:surrender:

Several months ago we started remodeling our home because of 1 main reason...... pets!

We ripped up all the carpet and replaced it with almost 1400 sq ft of tile. Some of the house already had tile, but we changed it to a darker tile. The only rooms with carpet are the bedrroms and they are now off limit to the dogs (doors closed) They are only allowed in our bedroom at bedtime and they still sleep in their crate together. I had no idea how bad the carpet was until it was pulled up. I think they are pee monsters :whistle:

The tile and carpet upgrades really turned into the entire house being redone.

so far we've done:

new tile, new carpet

repainted the entire inside of the house (new colors)

replaced kitchen countertops with granite

replace all kitchen appliances with stainless

master bath was totally redone (still need shower doors)

It is finally all coming together. Now I just need to finish cleaning and getting more decorating done.

The girls finally have run of the house again. I love the easy of cleanups on tile :thumbsup:

Here's a few pics

27588171-dog_couch.jpg

66295618-guestbath2.jpg

96126271-masterbath3.jpg

the rest are here as we went along (and pics of how it looked before)....

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?folder_id=207911

Beautiful! It looks like a model home!

Do the dogs slip when they try to run on tile like they do on hardwoods?

I love what you have done with the place. I think you posted the scrapbook room before (I remember being jealous) :shy:

The green paint you used for the kitchen and living room -> What's the name of the color? I LOVE it!

We are just about to rip up the rug in the living room because it smells of dog urine and go to hardwood. I SWORE Cody was housebroken but he must have snuck some in...

CodyHead.jpg

i love your bathroom...sorry i am a design student

Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really." - Carlotta Monterey O'Neill

I adore the colors you picked, especially the burnt orange. It is stunning.

Geez, I have two dogs, I think that entitles me to a home remodeling. I recently repainted my kitchen a gorgeous green Ralph Lauren color. I love the colors of his paints. What paint did you use?

Read my Home Depot paint story.

Here is a picture of the color. To make it Cairn related, I woke up Izabella in her crate in the kitchen.

t6H9T6azGYMrgyfOWURjygYRFEUOMBSi0300.jpg

Do the dogs slip when they try to run on tile like they do on hardwoods?

they do what we call "the scoobydoo". We had tile in the kitchen/dining area so they already were used to tile.

The green paint you used for the kitchen and living room -> What's the name of the color? I LOVE it!

all Behr flat

Kitchen green: Crocodile (380F-7) accented with Firebrick and River Bank

living area/formal area: Mississippi Mud (710D-5)

overall color: Harvest Brown (710D-4)

Hall bathroom: Firebrick (210D-7)

Scraproom: River Bank (380F-6)

Master Bath: Copper Mine (PMD-41)

Master Bedroom: Classic Taupe (290E-3)

but i can't help but ask... WHITE sofas? you sure

We don't spend much time in the formals. We've already had the sofas for 9 years. The girls love to lay on the backs of them and look out the window.

Geez, I have two dogs, I think that entitles me to a home remodeling. I recently repainted my kitchen a gorgeous green Ralph Lauren color. I love the colors of his paints. What paint did you use?

We actually bought the RL paint samples to chose colors then we matched them to a Behr shade since it was much cheaper. The girls crates are on the other side of the kitchen bar. I'm still trying to convince hubby to get these 2 cute dog houses for that space so we don't have to look at wire crates. I have to feed the girls seperate so I have to have something for them for confinement.

We actually bought the RL paint samples to chose colors then we matched them to a Behr shade since it was much cheaper. The girls crates are on the other side of the kitchen bar. I'm still trying to convince hubby to get these 2 cute dog houses for that space so we don't have to look at wire crates. I have to feed the girls seperate so I have to have something for them for confinement.

I have looked for cute crates on the internet. I haven't found anything to knock my socks off unless I want mohagany which is beyond expensive. I've seen wicker crates, eh, they were much better than black wire but still not cute...

I found some crate covers but a very limited selection.

I love your couches. I have also had a (off-white) couch for maybe about 12 years. And the dogs like to sleep on it and on the back of it. Sooo.. last year I got it professionally cleaned. It looked like new again for awhile anyway!

I also ripped up the carpeting and put in tile except in the bedrooms, a couple of years ago. The dogs don't seem to slide around on it unless they are running around like crazy. Love the cool way it looks plus the easy way it cleans up :P

Thanks for sharing the pics.

pam

Your home is gorgeous and I love the living room tile.

We have oak hardwood flooring with area rugs....not a big deal to change if the dogs get the best of them...actually they give me a reason to redecorate!

sheila and Misty

really beautifull home! But ..but..but..all I can think of is OMG! white sofa and pawprints..oh bless you!

As an avid HGTV watcher of all the remodeling shows and what to do to sell your home, I am just blown away. Your home is magnificent!

ARE that dog houses that can be locked up like crates? that would be fantastic for both dog and owner. i've only seen houses with the open doors... ?

Archived